Can I refund funds that are being held, or will it take them from my bank?

Contributor
Contributor

I cannot believe that PayPal won't let me have my money until 21 days and only if the buyer is 'satisfied'

This has already caused me financial problems because when the funds were in the PayPal acct, I thought I sent them to my bank, so I could withdraw money to pay for shipping the item.

It turned out that instead of the funds that I had received for the eBay sale, it took funds from my debit card and sent them to my bank account - which is the same acct. So they charged me to send money to myself.

Very deceptive how it says transaction: COMPLETE.   Then if you look closer at the top it says "Pending Balance"

This nearly caused my account to be overdrawn.

Thanks to PayPal I cannot afford to send the items to the buyer and also am not willing to risk the fact that PayPal's

policy is now that the funds may never be released.

If I refund this transaction, will it be taken from the pending balance (as it should) or will they screw me again and take it from my card overdrafting my account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Contributor
Contributor

Areightler:

I have found that when I did make the refund it took it from the held funds as it should.'

So if you are in the same situation, I would say it is safe to issue the refund.

At least it worked for me, however I wish I could've afforded to ship the item and complete the sale.

It makes it hard to start selling unless you have the "money t make money"

I had over 200 positive feedback before, but this time I was staring over and had 0 feedback.

Thanks for the reply !!

This really sucks, but I hope  I have helped with the info on my experience.

Peace!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

Contributor
Contributor

By answering someone else's question, I bumped my own down, so I am now simply typing this to bump it back up.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying to this thread crockett. Look like we have have both learned this the hard way.

And yes, it does take 3-4 days for a bank transfer to get to your account even though payments to sellers are instant.

Eveyone who knows the least bit about technology knows it does not take that long for any type of wire-transfer or especially a high-speed internet transaction.

So I guess you could say add the 21 to 4 and that is how long it takes to get your money.. and even though every one else has already pointed this out, they earn interest on the money while they hold it 'for you'

All I know is it wasn't always this way. this is the first time I;ve had this happen with paypal and definitely the last.

Peace!

~Beavis

Login to Me Too

crockett

This has really pissed me off too. On two separate payments, now, Paypal randomly held the payments for 16 and 21 days, assuming the buyer is satisfied and gives me a good rating. This isn't right and I don't appreciate being treated like a crimminal when I have a 100% satisfaction rating from previous buyers and sellers. This assumes that I am going to **bleep** the buyer over, so they hold my money while my product floats around out of my control. Paypal's reason for doing this is utterly stupid. I also resent the fact that it takes Paypal 3-4 days to transfer funds from my Paypal account to my savings account. SOME PEOPLE NEED THE MONEY SOONER GENIUSES.

Login to Me Too

areightler417

I am having the same problem. Please let me know what you find out, if anything.  I was going to use the funds to ship the item to the preson also because I offered free shipping!  I then tried to confirm my bank account to see if it would lift the hold and it was saying that one of the amounts that I put it was wrong, after I had my bank statement in front of me and called my bank to make sure that was the only deposits!  The buyer will not leave me feedback obviously because if he didn't get the card he couldn't change it, so I would like to refund the person their money and just be done with this whole thing.  What is your ebay feedback?  Mine is low but I just had another transaction go through today and did not have ahold placed on it.  Also, do you have any shipping terms with your buyer and are you shipping out of the country???

Login to Me Too
Solved

Contributor
Contributor

Areightler:

I have found that when I did make the refund it took it from the held funds as it should.'

So if you are in the same situation, I would say it is safe to issue the refund.

At least it worked for me, however I wish I could've afforded to ship the item and complete the sale.

It makes it hard to start selling unless you have the "money t make money"

I had over 200 positive feedback before, but this time I was staring over and had 0 feedback.

Thanks for the reply !!

This really sucks, but I hope  I have helped with the info on my experience.

Peace!

Login to Me Too

strwb1

I currently am dealing with wrong item sent and i am trying to refund the buyer but paypal has put a hold on the money so i cant refund the money to the buyer. My shipping department shipped the wrong item and shippedd another instead. I have posted on the users dispute and email that i would give full refund and even pay for the item to be returned to me. Paypal wont let me do anything until the buyer responds which if they read i have already encouraged the buyer to return and give full refund. The funds are available and i even transferred extra money to my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.