Can I change my *confirmed* address w/o Paypal verifying this with my financial institution?

poohbears
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me. I need to change my billing/shipping address on Paypal. I have been able to add my new address into the system, and list it as my "home" address, however if I go to purchase something, it automatically defaults to my old address. When I try to change the shipping address to my new one, it states that the seller requires a confirmed address & that my current address is not confirmed.

It seems that the only way I've found to "confirm" my address is to go under "change credit card info" and attempt to change my address on that. This wouldn't normally be a problem, because my financial institution *has* my correct (new) address on file, however my account with them is um.. not exactly in good standing right now (was laid off,  ensuing financial problems, etc.), so whatever it is that Paypal sends over to them to "confirm" my address, my credit card come back as being "denied". I'm not sure why they would even be attempting to charge my card, all they should be doing is verifying my address, no? But whatever it is, my financial institution is not cooperating. Therefore, I have an incorrect address on file & seemingly no way to change it to the correct one (or make it "confirmed", at least).

So my question is: Is there ANY way to update an address, AND get it confirmed, without Paypal having to get verification from an unwilling financial institution (they are the same institution that I have my checking account with, so it wouldn't help to change the address for that either)? Like perhaps mailing me a code to come online & verify? Thank you again for any assistance you can give!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

poohbears
Contributor
Contributor

I'm bumping this because I received no response. Please, if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I know the most popular topics here are ones complaining about Paypal (which, believe me, I understand), but I'm asking for real assistance here. Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi poohbears,

Another way to confirm your address is to request a confirmation code by mail.

You can request a confirmation code once you've had your PayPal account for 90 days. To qualify, you must:

• Confirm your email address.
  • Provide a physical address in the U.S. where you can be reached, not a P.O. box.
  • Link your bank account to your PayPal account or have PayPal Credit or PayPal Buyer Credit.

To request a confirmation code by mail:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "Security Center" at the top of the page.
  3. Click "Selling Safely."
  4. Click Help Protect Sellers."
  5. Click "Confirmed Address."
  6. Click "visit Alternate Address Confirmation."
  7. Select the address where we should send the confirmation code, or click "Add a New Address."
  8. Follow the instructions.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

poohbears
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks so much for the response! I followed your instructions, but unfortunately, it brought me to my "my account" page & stated along the top "You do not currently qualify for alternate address confirmation". I have been a member for way over 90 days, and I think I fit all of the other qualifications, except I have no idea about the "buyer reputation numbers". ??? I've bought from ebay many times, so I *should* have whatever those are, right? Unfortunately, the system was extremely lacking in that it just stated that I did not qualify, it did not tell me why or even provide a link to go forward & see what I can do to be eligible for this. This is getting extremely frustrating. Please help!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Your Buyer Reputation Number is the number of unique Verified PayPal members whom you have paid. Your Seller Reputation Number is the number of unique Verified PayPal members who have paid you.

Go here...

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_account-rep

to view your buyer and seller reputation numbers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.