Can I Get Verified Using MoneyPak?

babyjames6103
New Community Member

If not im **bleep**ed because I won an auction, but now i cannot pay for it because the seller only ships to confirmed addresses. I do not have a credit card and I do not have a bank account.                                                                                                                          

I'm guessing I should inform the seller that there is no way for me to get him his money through Paypal????

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

tonobo
Contributor
Contributor

I also need help on this. I did verification through greendot, but can't seem to get support from either company on this. I still have a limit.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@tonobo wrote:

I also need help on this. I did verification through greendot, but can't seem to get support from either company on this. I still have a limit.

Login to your PayPal account and click on the "View Limits" link to see what limits you have and for instructions on how to lift the limits.

Login to Me Too

tonobo
Contributor
Contributor

I have the 239.99 sending limit and like 95 left and need to do a 151 transaction. The greendot verification only seems to remove the moneypak apply limit not the send+withdrawal ones on paypal.

Withdrawal I don't care about.

Also they supposedly reset this monthly, it's the 1st and it's still there..

I use moneypak to escape irrational fees in the US banking system, looks like that isn't an option. And I have 0-credit for any card.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@tonobo wrote:

I have the 239.99 sending limit and like 95 left and need to do a 151 transaction. The greendot verification only seems to remove the moneypak apply limit not the send+withdrawal ones on paypal.

Withdrawal I don't care about.

Also they supposedly reset this monthly, it's the 1st and it's still there..

The sending limit is a lifetime sending limit... it is not a monthly sending limit. The withdrawal limit is a monthly limit.

You will need to do whatever it states on the "lift limits" page in order to remove the lifetime sending limit.

Login to Me Too

tonobo
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I'll see what I can do. This kind of defeats the purpose of paypal in a way in my opinion. There were already obfuscated transaction services for web domains before paypal that were just as secure. You still end up paying drastic fees after all with paypal.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Some (many?) sellers require the confirmed address because they think PayPal's SPP (Seller Protection Policy) has this requirement.

Since PayPal's SPP no longer requires the seller to ship to a confirmed address, contact the seller... explain that the PayPal SPP no longer requires the seller to ship to a confirmed address and ask the seller if he will still retain the confirmed address requirement.

The PayPal SPP is at the following link...

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.