Buyer claims he did not receive the item? Help

fancystanton
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer claims he did not receive the shirt he bought from me. He contacted me about 2 weeks after I had it delivered , telling me he had not received it and this has happened before and it went back to the seller, so if I got it back would I please let him know. That was a week and a half ago. Today he emailed again that he still hasn't received it and did I get the insurance and would I be willing to do a deal with him getting some of his money back.

What do I do? I have confirmation it was delivered, I know I'm not responsible if someone stole it. What do I say to him? What is fair? Thanks for any help!!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

skier
Advisor
Advisor
Suggest refunding the full amount and take the loss. You can write it off as a learning experience. You're either dealing with a not so honest person that will most likely end up with both the merchandise and their money back or an honest person that simply did not get their order. Unfortunately either way, if they file a claim against you, there's a good chance they will get their money back anyway. Regards, skier
Login to Me Too

fancystanton
Contributor
Contributor

Now I'm really confused with your answer. I've had many answere through eBay saying I should not give him anything and to tell him it's out of my hands. I have the delivery confirmation from USPS showing it was delivered. Most of them say if he does try to do a claim against me he will not win through Paypal because of this??? Why should I take the loss if the item was stolen or he's a scam? If someone stole his TV he can't call Best buy and get his money back??

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Interesting, you ask for advice/comments and then complain.   You're can make any decision that works for you.    

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

fancystanton
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I do appreciate the advice. Not complaining at all. Just confused with all of the conflicting answers. I guess there's no good answer out there for my problem.

regards to you

Login to Me Too

ZowieesBowtique
New Community Member

Alright so I can answer this question for you!  I work for a credit card company and I own my own Hair Bow business!  The answer is if you have the delivery confirmation from the post office then you would win.  The dispute would be done through that persons credit card.  They call and say I want to file a dispute on such and such charge and give the reason.  After the dispute has been filed stating that no merchandise was received for money paid the credit card company goes to the merchants bank which in this case is paypal and submits a chargeback requests.  Paypal then asks why?  Thats when you win.  Paypal will be able to provide confirmation of delivery!  I hope this helps!  So to answer your question provide the cm with a copy of the delivery confirmation and apologize but do not do not DO NOT refund him!

Login to Me Too

fancystanton
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you both so much for your help!! I think I know what I should do now! Have a great weekend!!

Login to Me Too

jljohnson216
New Community Member

Just a reminder that if you are using the USPS with either delivery or signature confirmation, that only really just confirms that the item was delivered. It does not provide the actual address that it was delivered too. The only 2 services the USPS has that will give you that information is Express mail and Certified mail. So like the person below said it could go either way. I work customer service for the USPS and I hear about this all the time. Even thou it is more expensive to ship, express is the way to go since it is the ONLY trackable service and every thing else just confirms delivery. And since you likely do not want to ship using express mail, you may want to consider insurance, it is not that expensive and you could appeal situations such as this one.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.