Buyer added terms in the notes section of paypal payment - Can they do that?

mogulman
Contributor
Contributor

I just sold a motherboard, CPU and some memory in an ebay Auction.  I put in the auction as-is and no returns. 

I noticed that in the paypal payment, the buyer put the following:

Hello, Can you please make sure this Motherboard and all of the parts that were described and included in your auction, are well packed before shipping. Any damage caused due to improper packing will not be accepted upon delivery and will be returned at the sellers expense. Also, can you please send the tracking information as soon as it's available. Thank you

I've been using Paypal since it started and have never seen anyone put this in the notes section of a PayPal payment.   I don't agree to this.   While I do pack my things well and haven't gotten any complaints, I've heard about fraud with PayPal.   Is this stuff in the notes section binding?   I really don't want to bother sending the item to this buyer if it is.   I'd rather not sell the item at all then have to deal with extra expenses.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mogulman
Contributor
Contributor

I actually called PayPal.  They told my that stuff in the Notes section of a payment do not add additional conditions to an auction.   I sent an email to the buyer letting them know this before I sent the item.   I made sure to pack the item extra carefully.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

If you take Paypal, there is no such thing as "no returns".

make sure that you package the item properly or cancel the sale, refund the money and take the neg.

Login to Me Too

mogulman
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah.. but usually they have to pay for shipping it back.  In his notes, he is saying that the seller pays for shipping.

Login to Me Too
Solved

mogulman
Contributor
Contributor

I actually called PayPal.  They told my that stuff in the Notes section of a payment do not add additional conditions to an auction.   I sent an email to the buyer letting them know this before I sent the item.   I made sure to pack the item extra carefully.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.