Buyer Return for Refund Fraud

austinblue
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer Bought a lot of Gold and Silver Coins, Jewlery, Silver Flatware and Small Collectibles, the day he recieved the lot he files a claim with PayPal claiming item not as described. PayPal granted him a refund so long as he sent item back to me. I recieved the lot back minus Gold and Silver Coins, Pricier Jewelry, Some Silver Flatware and Small collectibles. How is that this man can Steal straight from the Seller and get nothing done to him.Why are PayPal and E-bay participating in such a Scam? Where the **bleep** is the Seller Protection?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

RENZ

SOMETHING SIMILAR HAPPENED TO ME.....WE NEED A NEW PAYPAL FOR EBAY

Login to Me Too

2trusting
New Community Member

Apparently, it works both ways on Ebay.  I stopped using Ebay and PayPal back in November after I was scammed 3 different times by the same seller.  In an email, the seller admitted that the lot of coins were fake, and Ebay emailed me that in their investigation that it was confirmed that the seller sold me fake coins and that the seller continues to sell fake coins (obviously, with their blessings).  On the seller's Ebay sites, there is no mention that the coins are fake, and the photos are different than the coins.  When I complained to Ebay, they responded that if I felt I was being scammed for me "to go to my local police and report it"!!!  Can you imagine what would happen if Target or Walmart told every buyer that complained to " go to the police"??  Its a "Buyer Beware" attitude.  The seller went as far as telling me that she returned my money via PayPal---I have yet to see a penny of it!!!  I have told both the seller and Ebay that I will not return until I can be certain that future buyers are not scammed by this seller.  To make matters even worst, Ebay did not allow me to give this "100% postive feedback" seller a negative feedback.  I guess this would hurt the seller's business.                                         -2trusting

Login to Me Too

vzvision
Contributor
Contributor

How can this be fixed?

Login to Me Too

penderpics
New Community Member

I had the same issue a couple of years ago and the way I resolved it was to have all my packages delivered to a mailing center. They will hold my packages for me and they provide me with a physical mailing address. My cost was $26 a year.  You might want to consider it.

Login to Me Too

horse1bun
Contributor
Contributor

okay so this is annoying. I have like 5 different alternate shipping addresses for THE SAME ADDRESS. okay, so I keep deleting the extras but I still have a problem, where my seller can not accept an unconfirmed shipping address because I don't type the address exactly the same each time...

I have been given the option when logging into paypal for other purchases to select the address paypal has identified as the "confirmed" shipping address, but this one, when logging into paypal does not give me the option for it.

I would think this day in age you could accept my street address without my po box, and still realize it is the same verified address, because some shippers won't allow me to type in a po box, which I guess must be a part of what paypal can recognize as my confirmed address. 

so, please fix this, as I have attempted to purchase something three times and the seller is starting to get annoyed.

to recap the problem

a.) when I don't type my address exactly the same, paypal thinks it's a different address.

b.) thinking it's a different address says it is unconfirmed

c.) I can't even give the seller a po box on their form

and

d.) my address is confirmed for a version that includes my street address and po box

alrighty then

Login to Me Too

horse1bun
Contributor
Contributor

nice to see paypal doesn't really seem to care

I just placed the order again with the exact same address as my confirmed shipping address after trying it the umpteenth time, it still says unconfirmed in the transaction details.

the problem is that the sellers website form does not allow me to place my PO BOX # on the line below my STREET ADDRESS line, so I put them on the same line, but paypal doesn't recognize this as the same address as my confirmed shipping address so it looks like this

paypal's version of my confirmed shipping address:

FIRST LAST

STREET ADDRESS

PO BOX

CITY, STATE, ZIP

COUNTRY

the sellers ship to address:

FIRST LAST

STREET ADDRESS PO BOX

CITY, STATE, ZIP

COUNTRY

if paypal isn't going to fix this I have no problem with never using paypal again. which is sad to say because I have liked paypal up to this point. so if a moderator could email, telephone me, or just change my confirmed shipping addresses to one with and one without my po box, the problem would be solved. please take some initiative on this!?

Login to Me Too

horse1bun
Contributor
Contributor

after calling paypal, a human helped me sort out this unconfirmed shipping address. I understand paypal is working hard to fix this. except, i already sent payment and under transaction details it says unconfirmed. so they may yet refund it, but we should be able to clear this up. will post my results.

thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.