Buyer Fraud?

CChristman
New Community Member

I sold an item to a guy and immediatly after it was delivered a claim was filed. The buyer stated the item was not as described. At no point in time did he attempt to contact me to resolve the problem. This is where im getting kind of frusterated. I sent him exactly what was described. Paypal has now forced me to issue a full refund if the item is returned to me in the same condition it was sent to the buyer. Well i got a package today from the buyer but he returned me a bunch of random stuff that i didnt send him and is seemingly worthless. I dont want to be stiffed not only the item i sold the guy but also the payment as well. Although he hasnt responded tot he dispute with the tracking information yet id like to be prepared when he does. If the item he returned isnt the item i sent him am i covered by paypal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi CChristman-

You can reach out to PayPal directly through the Contact Us link on your account's overview page to discuss your options.  If there is a place to update the case in the Resolution Center, I'd recommend that as well.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

square-eye
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar situation - though I just received back the items, but covered with "inventory" stickers and missing the protecting felt liners that were shipped with them.  The buyer received the dishes then claimed a certain plate was not as described - yet is is perfectly pictured on the listing.  Apparently during the claim/dispute they changed the reason to damaged item.  Nothing was or is damaged.  For this "not as described" issue they wanted to keep the items, but be issued a partial refund of $250.00.  I told Paypal that I had not misrepresented anything and the buyer should be held to the deal.  I added that IF I had to take them back I should be reimbursed the $65.00 shipping charges that I have paid, and be allowed to confirm everything is in the same condition it was when sent.  

The dishes have been returned to me by a company that specializes in selling used china and dishes - covered with their inventory stickers.  I don't know exactly what is going on, but this buyer is not legit and it frustrates me that Paypal would refund somebody money for a reason they cannot prove, and leave an honest seller hanging out to dry.  I am seriously reconsidering any further ebay selling as there is nothing I could have done differently to avoid this situation. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.