Bought item and awaiting shipment but still nothing

ChicagoBrian20
Contributor
Contributor

I'm new to Ebay/Paypal and made a purchase yesterday morning.  I emailed the seller asking him to send me the confirmation # or tracking for when he sent the item.  He said that Paypal automatically sends the confirmation # to me.  He is sending it via USPS priority mail.  How long does it usually take after the item has been purchased for it to ship?  Does paypal send the confirmation # to the buyer?  My paypal account shows a confirmed address and completed transaction. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the seller uses PayPal shipping to print the shipping label and if the seller has his shipping preferences set to notify the buyer, PayPal will send the buyer a "shipped" message.

Some sellers ship very quickly... others may take a few days to ship... some may take even longer.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the seller uses PayPal shipping to print the shipping label and if the seller has his shipping preferences set to notify the buyer, PayPal will send the buyer a "shipped" message.

Some sellers ship very quickly... others may take a few days to ship... some may take even longer.

Login to Me Too

ChicagoBrian20
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for the info. 

Login to Me Too

RusticSandy
Contributor
Contributor

I am shipping a product which was purchased on my website, not listed on Ebay.   I receive the funds and print out a shipping label.  No where under Shipping Preferences or Shipping Methods can I locate an option to automatically send the buyer an email confirmation showing that his package has been shipped.  There is no option to do this even when printing the label.  If an email IS being sent to the buyer, how can I tell?

Can you give explicit instructions on how I set it up so that my buyers receive an automatic email confirming that their order has been shipped?  Or help me find the answer on PP someplace. All search criteria I type in comes up with the same inapplicable answers.  Thank you in advance for your help.

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi RusticSandy,

When a shipping label is created through PayPal, the recipient will receive an email. There is no need to enable the feature.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.