Bank merchant account

Zinze
Contributor
Contributor

I have a client we setup a PayPal account for where customers can order on line using their CC.

This works fine however,

There are times when people will call in and give their CC number.

Every time I talk with a merchant services rep. They try to sell  us what we do not need.

We are looking for a terminal that we can swipe a persons credit card or,

just punch the CC numbers in, Just like the terminal you see in any store.

Example

My client will receive a corporate order and the secretary calling in the order will give some wrong CC info because she may not no the CC billing address etc

once that happens the CC is locked out and it's a problem.

That is why the terminal where just the  CC numbers or a swipe of the card are required is the way to go.

My client works out of the North East US, anyone have any good experience with banks in this area and can steer me in the right direction.

I would appreciate any help,

this is a problem that has been ongoing and I can't seem to get a handle on.

Thanks for your help. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Zinze
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again Skier,

Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

skier
Advisor
Advisor

If you want to use a PayPal product, then it would be Virtual Terminal as there are no other options.

If you want to go with another method, check with your local banks.  We have a Merchant Accout with a local bank and it works quite well.  The rates are good and their customer service is excellent.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Zinze
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Skier I appreciate it.

One more question if I may...

Will the PayPal virtual terminal require my client to put in all the CC information.??

Or just the CC numbers

Thanks again 

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

All the info, name, address, cc #, etc.  

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too
Solved

Zinze
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again Skier,

Much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

ccscustserv
Contributor
Contributor

If I understand your question correctly, you might be interested in our set-up.  We replaced our merchant account with Paypal whereby we have a small laptop that we enter credit card info or swipe the card (with add-on swipe reader) and print the receipt which customer signs.  The funds are downloaded to our bank at end of each day.   This method does take a few minutes longer than the credit card terminal, but we have saved 2% in fees which equates to $300 to $500 per month at our business.  Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.