Bank Account

Winston
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i was wondering will i get charged anything when i link my paypal account with my bank account?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

skier
Advisor
Advisor

No.

Bank accounts are sent two random deposits to establish that there's a good path between PayPal and your bank for future transactions, as well as to demonstrate that the account holder has access to the records for the bank account on file with us. It can take up to 3 days to complete the verification process. Once you enter your bank account details, PayPal will make 2 small deposits (less than $1.00) into your account. After you confirm the deposit amounts, PayPal will link your account.

Here's how to add a bank account:

Click Profile.
Click Bank Accounts under Financial Information.
Click Add.
Enter the required information and click Add Bank Account.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

KrystalTheFox
Contributor
Contributor

Would these "two amounts" you need to verify your account come in your email or would you have to contact the bank and ask?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

The info you need will be displayed on your bank statement or credit card statement.  Depending on which one you're trying to verifiy.   If you can view your bank statements online or credit card statements, you will see what you need.   Else you will have to wait until your bank or credit card company sends you a monthly statement.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

KrystalTheFox
Contributor
Contributor

How would I view my bank statement?

Login to Me Too

yazman94
New Community Member

Hi everyone I have a little problem can anyone help??  paypal sent the deposits first time round but they didn't show up after 3 days so I assumed that I had put my details in wrong and removed the bank account from my paypal account. I then set up the link again however the deposits from the first time round have appeared and paypal will not accept the figures as I am now waiting for a second set of deposits to appear. What should I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.