Authorization to Amazon has expired, cancelled transfer? (FIXED)

Arthur
Contributor
Contributor

A few days ago I purchased an item from a seller on the Amazon website. He recieved his money, sent me the item, and I thought it all went smoothly. Then I log in today to see that I have an extra 40 dollars in my account that came from nowhere. After looking in my transaction history, I see that the authorization to Amazon has "expired", and the money's back in my account. The guy is going to think I tried to scam him and do this on purpose, even though I didn't request it. 

Why would PayPal randomly cancel and  revert a payment I made without me asking, and then give no explanation of the reason for it? If anyone has answers, I'd like to hear them.

EDIT: After a day now, it's been fixed, I got charged by amazon again and the money is back where it should be. I don't know why this happened, maybe I'm just not familiar with the process, but it seems like all is well now. I guess this topic can be closed.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.