Address confirmation documents

Mykell
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know what "documents" they want for the alternate address confirmation process. I got the letter and entered the code - apparently that's still not enough. Now I am supposed to "fax in the additional verification documents necessary to confirm...". It doesn't tell me which docs. I search help and it told me the same thing. It's incredibly annoying that a financial institution doesn't have a phone number for help. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Mykell
Contributor
Contributor

I actually found a PHONE NUMBER for customer service. Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center". They told me a utility bill with the address I'm trying to confirm will work. I don't know why they make it so hard to "confirm" and address. Why wasn't the letter enough? This means I can never ship packages to work where I can sign for them. (At least when I order from buy.com which will only ships to confirmed addresses).

I'm also surprised that customer service is so hard to find. They're owned by Ebay so I guess it makes a little sense. Their CS sucks as well.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Marillion
Contributor
Contributor

Same here! I have no idea! What I am going to do is just fax the cover letter & the letter I received in the mail.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Mykell
Contributor
Contributor

I actually found a PHONE NUMBER for customer service. Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center". They told me a utility bill with the address I'm trying to confirm will work. I don't know why they make it so hard to "confirm" and address. Why wasn't the letter enough? This means I can never ship packages to work where I can sign for them. (At least when I order from buy.com which will only ships to confirmed addresses).

I'm also surprised that customer service is so hard to find. They're owned by Ebay so I guess it makes a little sense. Their CS sucks as well.

Login to Me Too

Mykell
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting - the forum "inserted" the directions to customer service. Actually after clicking "contact us" (very small print at the bottom", the option you want is 

Speak to us

Call us if you can't find your answer in the Help Center.

Login to Me Too

Marillion
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You! Yea, Buy.com was a problem for me. They kept refusing my orders!

Thanks again!

Login to Me Too

scottgee1
New Community Member

I'll add my experience/2 cents . . .

Like you-all, I followed PP's instructions to the letter.  Twice.

I received a snail-mails at my alternate address.  The first time I was able to get to the 'Confirm Address' page and enter the code provided.  I then faxed documents and got a confirmation email that they had been received.  A few days later I got another email saying they could not process my confirmation.  NO further explanation.

I called PP Customer Service.  Reviewed all the above.  Waitied on hold for at least 10 minutes.  CSA finally comes back on the line and says, "We're having problems with that process.  I'm sorry."

Stupidly, I tried going through the process again.  Recevied another snail mail.  This time, the 'Confirm Address' page doesn't even work so I call.  Essentially, a repeat of what happened before.

I repeat the exact same sentence I said to the first CSA:  "If you can't actually do what you're offering to do, remove the offer from your site.  When people follow your instructions to the letter and are told, 'Ooops, sorry', they get **bleep** off and take their business elsewhere."

That's what I intend to do.

Login to Me Too

lgann2010
New Community Member

Well... I never had problems confirming my address etc...

UNTIL...  I got married this last summer.  My credit card information expired and the new one was issued with my new married name (I know foreign concept) and here is the kicker I even moved in with my new husband.   So I am trying to change my credit card information but the name is not going to match... so now I will need to fax forms etc...  and while simply trying to add the new credit card info (before all the form faxing)  I need to use the new address because THIS is now my billing address.  No luck.  Unconfirmed address.  Even though I have had things sent here... it is unconfirmed.   I would like to know who it is that is recieving my packages at this unconfirmed address since I have not complained.  Wouldn't this rather indicate that I have validated the address in some way?

Login to Me Too

zoetmb
New Community Member

I agree that the confirmation process is absurd and furthermore, that they don't tell you what documents you need to FAX with the cover letter.

Incredible incompetence.   

And frankly, I don't understand why they couldn't confirm my address from my debit card information.   

Login to Me Too

kzack
New Community Member

I've been trying to confirm an address so I can ship an item directly to my parents house, but this has been ridiculous.  After the confirmation letter was sent with the code, I faxed the form, and NOW I find out that Paypal requires a valid photo ID AND a copy of a utility bill OR a credit card statement OR a bank account statement...it's my parents house - I don't have these things, and why didn't they mention what this process entails up front?  Why is it so difficult?  I can order something from any other website and have it shipped to whatever address, but this is what is required if I buy something on eBay? 

Login to Me Too

Marillion
Contributor
Contributor

THIS  IS DISGUSTING!!! I AM SO **bleep** OFF AT PAYPAL! THEY **bleep**!

I have called them 4 times!!! I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THEY HAVE ASKED!

They tell me anyday now! HORRIBLE COMPANY!

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A BETTER PLACE TO SEND MONEY?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.