Added a debit card, balance is still $0.00 after a few hours

Usakeii
Contributor
Contributor

Its all in the title, "Added a debit card, balance is still $0.00 after a few hours".

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

vanessiers
Contributor
Contributor

what do you mean????? you were asking why your PayPal balance is zero though you've added a debit card on your PayPal account?

Of course your PayPal balance will still be zero because the available balance on your debit card will not show up on your PayPal account but you can still make a payment even your balance is zero as long as your debit card is already confirmed on your PayPal account....

let me share to you an additional info... the only time that you will have an available balance on your account are the ff.

1. receive payment from the item that you are selling wherein you link PayPal as your payment method

2. You manually transfer funds from your checking account to your PayPal balance by clicking on ADD FUNDS.

3.You transfer funds from green dot money pack card to your PayPal balance by clicking on add funds as well.

4. You request money to another person.

5. Last is, when someone sends money to you..

Be happy,,,

Login to Me Too

scully10
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem and just got off the phone with pay pal customer service  Guess what--pay pal issues a limit even if you provide a credit card.  That limit is only a one time deal and it will never reset like your credit card (when you pay your monthly bill).  Over time when you reach your initial limit, you will be dead in the water as far as using pay pal or you are forced to provide pay pal with your bank account information or get a pay pal credit card.  I urge all of you to contact any merchant who uses pay pal that it is a frustrating experience for their customer and that they are losing business. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.