A new way for Buyers to get over on Sellers??

Savingwings
Contributor
Contributor

In Oct i listed a item and it sold. The payment was posted to my account, no problem. I shipped to a verified address and recieved confirmation and signature of delivery some 6 days latter.

At around 50 days later the customer emails me and says item is not good, it was damaged!... I talked to both PayPal and Ebay and they Both agreed to have the customer send me pictures of the alleged damage.

This was requested but not done.  Customer had no response.

! day after the 60 day period in which to dispute the transaction with paypal the customer files wit the CREDIT CARD Company.. and a hold is now placed no my funds for the amount of 50.00 (Close to actual amount)

I respond in phone calls to PayPal and was told this was placed by credit card company in dispute as to custome not happy with prodict, but because PayPal s=has a limited amount of choices, PayPal chose to put it under (Item significently different as described)

I sent

Phots of item showing condition, Signature of customer signing for item, delivery to confirmed address, letter from Motorcycle shop who examanied item prior to listing statiing Item in (Mint) condition but was only advertised in (Good) condition and apraisal of worth. Customer  Has never returned item and in checking with both PayPao and Ebay i was told ((Do not make refund)) I requested piictures of damage from customer, as Shop sugested customer may have damaged item in installation attempt.... BUT no pictures and still no item returned.

Now as of 3 plus months latter the customer has the Item, PayPal has removed funds and a 10.00 feeo for the reversal. PayPal says not elegible for protection as item listed as different, (BUt PayPal chose this as a description, as PayPal operator stated earlier as to not many choices, and this ione is a catch all)

so now we see that if a customer wants to get over on sellers protection, then all they need to so is:

1. wait till payapl dispute time expiers

2. File with credit card comapany and get refund instantly

3. PayPal does fight for you, by sending a response???

4. Customer keeps product and gets refund.

5. Paypal refers you to fact item not as described, so not covered

So now you have a way to cheat the system , get your money and your product. and PayPal made an extra 10..0 on the deal as well as all fees colected. Sweet system  Isint it?

As for the Buyer,,, he has product, and money is laughing over phone conversation i had with him asking to at least return product... His Laugh is simple CREDIT CARD company is not only forgiving, but does not like PayPal so this was very easy for him to do and he is protected from lawsuit as he is in another state... WInner PayPal and Customer...

I am Only sharing this as it seems so unfair fo the seller. PayPal has a resolution Policy that has no bite at all if customer uses credit card... Buyer is **bleep**ed with no refund, no product, no recourse, and no wa to pursue the matter..    PS i was told this is all final , no apeal as Credit Card company has issued refund and there is no recourse against card comapany... Paypal portected with policy you sign when using system...

Cant wait Till new funds transaction rules take plase, maybe someone will see the un balanced error here

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.