A little more advanced...

jcarr2006
New Community Member

I have a problem that I just can't seem to get to the bottom of. I have a website that offers an service to unlock iphones. Also I am creating a membership portion of that site but it would come as part of  the package. Basically what I want to happen on my website is this. 

1. User buys the iphone unlock service from a buy button.

2. User is prompted to create a membership account after payment.

3. User is able to login and get membership privlages.

I need this to all happen in one smooth action. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

robertswww
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What you are describing is can generally be handled by Shopping Cart software. A site visitor can Register on your site as a regular member.  Then they purchase your Unlock Service.  Then eitehr a site administrator or automated code changes their Membership Level from Regular to Member, and they can then access the membership areas of the site.  Google something such as: "Shopping Carts with Membership Levels"

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Suggest checking out PayPal's IPN feature along with Auto Return. This method does require additional programming skills. After the payment is processed, PayPal posts the transaction details to your IPN script. At this point, you could have your IPN script send out an email that has a link to a secure page where the customer can create their membership account and login to the site.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.