[A Petition] GET PAYPAL PLUG-IN BACK!

HuyKun
Contributor
Contributor

Why oh why did PayPal have to remove the feature PayPal plugin. You know, a lot of people still want to use it, and there are probably several hundreds of people who were waiting to use it, but got cutoff because their waiting period didn't have enough time to activate it before the discontinuation of the PayPal Plug-in.

Why should we have the PayPal Plug-in come back?

- What about a sense of security? or the fact that people don't want to wait or carry around the plastic debit card that paypal provides or even our own credit/debit card.

- What about the ease of access of using the paypal plugin card, where as people can just generate a card on the go and use their PAYPAL BALANCE for those merchants or site that don't accept PAYPAL but only credit cards like Amazon? Don't you want more paypal users to be able to pay in many different ways?

- Money sense-of-security; There are hundreds of scammers sites everyday, once i enter in my ONLY ONE UNIQUE DEBIT/CREDIT CARD, then what happens if they charge me more than twice? Or even keep charging me even though i wanted to stop! With PayPal secure card, i would have been SAVED!  A one-time use, or even an unauthorize charge would have saved my **bleep** from getting charged for no reason!

- There are so many reasons why people still want to use it, and I LOVE PAYPAL, but the fact they had a feature running, then having it gone, makes me want to puke.

I had PayPal Plugin downloaded, and ready to activate, called PayPal and they said the reason I can't activate it is because it was discontinued. BUllSh*t. Why? Why why why!

This is a message not of hate, but of love and compassion. We are trying to get the message here to tell you, we love paypal, and we would LOVE to have PayPal Plug-In back.

For every user who agrees, please post here of YOUR story, and WHY you want it back.

I hope PayPal can understand this.

Login to Me Too
82 REPLIES 82

TerriB
Contributor
Contributor

I had fraud twice on my Visa debit card so always used the Pay Pal Plug- in after that and never had to worry. Therefore it was very disturbing when it was discontinued. I have had the plug in for years but it no longer works. I have to go to my account and get a card # manually and that is a pain in the butt but its only  way I feel safe buying on the internet.

Now I understand that you are charging extra to use the one time use Master Card??? Oh Lordy

Terri

Login to Me Too

TerriB
Contributor
Contributor

Why in the world would Paypal think its in their customers' best interest to discontinue a product that makes it safe to buy on-line and thus made more purchases???

Terri

'

Login to Me Too

Bob_55
Contributor
Contributor

It would have been nice if Paypal would have informed it’s existing users of any changes/cancellations of their products via general email. I just spent over an hour trying to get my plug-in to work only to come here & find out the problems associated with the plug-in on Firefox  3.6 or higher. I was able to use my old version of  I.E. though.

So what’s the problem Paypal?  If it’s a $$$ issue only, then let’s figure something out! I’m not in favor of a set rate per month as this pimps thy occasional user, but would favor a reasonable set rate per use (.25-.75). If the alternative in the near future is canceling the Plug-in altogether for both new & existing users, well let’s consider what I have stated or another route.

We all know the advantages of this unique tool  & also the possible consequences of not using it!  I will NOT use my credit card anywhere online(trusted sites or otherwise). So, we need a viable solution ASAP.  

Login to Me Too

pagurus
Contributor
Contributor

How does one find the "Account Tools" ?  It is said to be in the 'right-hand side box" but I cannot locate it. Please give me a better hint!~

Login to Me Too

crawdaddydoo92
Contributor
Contributor

Assuming you're using IE press ctrl+F and then just typ "account tools" in the search box and hit enter.

Login to Me Too

Inferno3408
Contributor
Contributor

I use Firefox exclusively. I keep it up-to-date. It has been a long time since PayPal Plugin worked on the newest releases of Firefox.  It doesn't feel as though PayPal is interested in maintaining a version for Firefox.

I found PayPal Plugin very valuable and hope PayPal will become recommitted to the support of a Firefox version.

Inferno3408

Login to Me Too

angelicall
Contributor
Contributor

I have the latest version of Firefox and my plugin works fine. Try downloading it from IE first and see if that helps.

Login to Me Too

heyitspatti

It still will not work on my computer....I did an uninstall and reinstall and it appears STUCK on the CONTINUE SETUP and will go no further!!! I am sick...... i regularly did about $500 per month purchases on plug in... PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Login to Me Too

danteadmir
Contributor
Contributor

yeah it was really great... the best thing was the security that it gave you... I mean you could purchase anything anywhere and you were safe... They really should bring it back!!!

Login to Me Too

crawdaddydoo92
Contributor
Contributor

@acohn Find the right forum for your vile words. Anything that allows financial anonimity will be a target for fraud, ie the check/money order cashing schemes that are out there. This plugin is a GREAT assett to those who use it the way it was meant to be used. I know that I can trust paypal so if I go to a site I've never heard of before but has the best price for whatever I'm looking for that day and they don't take paypal I know I can use the plugin to generate a credit card number and still be protected w/o needing to provide my actual account number(s).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.