[A Petition] GET PAYPAL PLUG-IN BACK!

HuyKun
Contributor
Contributor

Why oh why did PayPal have to remove the feature PayPal plugin. You know, a lot of people still want to use it, and there are probably several hundreds of people who were waiting to use it, but got cutoff because their waiting period didn't have enough time to activate it before the discontinuation of the PayPal Plug-in.

Why should we have the PayPal Plug-in come back?

- What about a sense of security? or the fact that people don't want to wait or carry around the plastic debit card that paypal provides or even our own credit/debit card.

- What about the ease of access of using the paypal plugin card, where as people can just generate a card on the go and use their PAYPAL BALANCE for those merchants or site that don't accept PAYPAL but only credit cards like Amazon? Don't you want more paypal users to be able to pay in many different ways?

- Money sense-of-security; There are hundreds of scammers sites everyday, once i enter in my ONLY ONE UNIQUE DEBIT/CREDIT CARD, then what happens if they charge me more than twice? Or even keep charging me even though i wanted to stop! With PayPal secure card, i would have been SAVED!  A one-time use, or even an unauthorize charge would have saved my **bleep** from getting charged for no reason!

- There are so many reasons why people still want to use it, and I LOVE PAYPAL, but the fact they had a feature running, then having it gone, makes me want to puke.

I had PayPal Plugin downloaded, and ready to activate, called PayPal and they said the reason I can't activate it is because it was discontinued. BUllSh*t. Why? Why why why!

This is a message not of hate, but of love and compassion. We are trying to get the message here to tell you, we love paypal, and we would LOVE to have PayPal Plug-In back.

For every user who agrees, please post here of YOUR story, and WHY you want it back.

I hope PayPal can understand this.

Login to Me Too
82 REPLIES 82

americost
New Community Member

It works fine - even if you get a new computer! That is if you had paypay plugin in the past. They are not allowing new accounts.

Here is what you do for now. Uninstall firefox 3.6 and reinstall firefox 3.5.7. You can download it from the following link

http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php?old_firefox=73

Then reinstall your paypal plugin if you saved your original download. I did.

Login to Me Too

StarrHawk

Thanks for that information, if it doesn't work than off to Google I go.

Here is what you do for now. Uninstall firefox 3.6 and reinstall firefox 3.5.7. You can download it from the following link

http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php?old_firefox=73

Then reinstall your paypal plugin if you saved your original download. I did.

Login to Me Too

oldandwise
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Firefox and have followed the directions for download, then installed it and then all I can see from the drop down in "continue setup".  Nothing happens when is selected though. I was a plug-in user previously.  Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

pinball
New Community Member

I had some financial issues and now I don't have a credit card.  I was hoping to use this feature with my bank account so that I could purchase items and services online with a credit card.  I guess I will have to find another alternative - thanks pay pal!

Login to Me Too

rikirose
Contributor
Contributor

Support told me that it's not compatible with Windows 7, if that helps.

Login to Me Too

HansWiggers
Contributor
Contributor

Nonsens about it not working with Windows 7. This is the deal: If you ahd the module working before Paypal discontinued it, it wil work with Internet Explorer and and any version of Firefox prior to 3.6. The latest one I got to work is FF 3.58.

Paypal won't come out and say it, but I suspect they are losing money on the module. People will be a bit more careless if they make a purchase using the temporary credit card. Then if it does not work, they expect Paypal to sort it out and get their money back. Paypal is good about that and they will eat the cost. Truth be told that happened to me. I bought something using the module. It looked like I was going to be charged $3.95. When I looked in my Paypal account, I found that they had charged $40. It was some foreign outfit and I would never have given them my "real" credit card. Upshot is Paypal refunded the difference. I am sure they never got it back form that foreign bank so they just wrote it off. Not a good way to be profitable. So I am a bit more understanding about the discontinuance of the module for new users. Anyway TMI.

Hans

Login to Me Too

StarrHawk

I would be willing to pay a fee (not too large) for PayPal Plug In.

Login to Me Too

shendara

Amanda,

I've had the plug in for a while and one day it stopped working.  I removed it from my browser and tried to reinstall as you have instructed and I keep getting an error for a missing .dll.   I do understand that their are other options for accessing my funds, but I don't want another debit or credit card to keep track of.  Not to mention that I liked having the ability to easily access my receipts.  I appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

heyitspatti

IT does not work! I have uninstalled and reinstalled in hopes of getting it activated... was unaware it was taken off temporarily. It is STUCK on CONTINUE SETUP and will do nothing.  I regularly purchase approx $500 per month via plug in... and I NEED IT!! PLEASE HELP!!

Login to Me Too

jhm783
Contributor
Contributor

So, what I understand is: the plug-in is back, but only for legacy customers, and no one will say what the real reason was, that it went away.  (I read somewhere about some internet gambling problem, but no clarification)  I used this all the time and am glad I can again.  I believe the single use credit card number offers a security shield not available with the PayPal Credit Card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.