[A Petition] GET PAYPAL PLUG-IN BACK!

HuyKun
Contributor
Contributor

Why oh why did PayPal have to remove the feature PayPal plugin. You know, a lot of people still want to use it, and there are probably several hundreds of people who were waiting to use it, but got cutoff because their waiting period didn't have enough time to activate it before the discontinuation of the PayPal Plug-in.

Why should we have the PayPal Plug-in come back?

- What about a sense of security? or the fact that people don't want to wait or carry around the plastic debit card that paypal provides or even our own credit/debit card.

- What about the ease of access of using the paypal plugin card, where as people can just generate a card on the go and use their PAYPAL BALANCE for those merchants or site that don't accept PAYPAL but only credit cards like Amazon? Don't you want more paypal users to be able to pay in many different ways?

- Money sense-of-security; There are hundreds of scammers sites everyday, once i enter in my ONLY ONE UNIQUE DEBIT/CREDIT CARD, then what happens if they charge me more than twice? Or even keep charging me even though i wanted to stop! With PayPal secure card, i would have been SAVED!  A one-time use, or even an unauthorize charge would have saved my **bleep** from getting charged for no reason!

- There are so many reasons why people still want to use it, and I LOVE PAYPAL, but the fact they had a feature running, then having it gone, makes me want to puke.

I had PayPal Plugin downloaded, and ready to activate, called PayPal and they said the reason I can't activate it is because it was discontinued. BUllSh*t. Why? Why why why!

This is a message not of hate, but of love and compassion. We are trying to get the message here to tell you, we love paypal, and we would LOVE to have PayPal Plug-In back.

For every user who agrees, please post here of YOUR story, and WHY you want it back.

I hope PayPal can understand this.

Login to Me Too
82 REPLIES 82

angelicall
Contributor
Contributor

Please bring back the plug-in it seems to me that your customers want it back. Wouldn't it be good customer service to comply with that wish??Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

PayPal is committed to delivering the best possible products, services, and security to our customers. After two years of offering the PayPal Plug-In we’ve determined it is in our customers’ best interest to discontinue the product.

Members who are enrolled can still continue to use the Plug-In however there will be no new enrollments.

Enrolled members can go to PlugIn hub and download/install/use. 

-          Login to PayPal

-          Click on Plug-In in the Account Tools on right hand side box

-          Goes to Plug-In hub page

-          Look for Download link towards the bottom of the page.

-          Download and continue to enjoy the Secure Card

Our plan is to re-implement certain aspects of the Plug-In into future PayPal services; exact timing has not been determined.

For those members who regularly utilized the Plug-In and are interested in other ways to use PayPal where it is not currently accepted, we suggest the PayPal Debit Card which offers similar consumer benefits.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

twistedvincent
New Community Member

Thank you so much!!!!

I felt so much safer with every online transaction using the plug-in. I feel my computer is pretty locked up security wise, but the plug-in was/is INVALUABLE!!

You've made a lot of costumers VERY happy!!

Login to Me Too

angelicall
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much Amanda!!! Smiley Very Happy

It is so good to see my receipts back up and the plug-in acting normal. I am sure I speak for all of your paypal plug-in customers when I say Thank you so very much!!!!  PayPal does care about it's customers!!!! Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

mags1006
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried and tried to reactivate my plug-in account following Amanda's instruction and am unable to complete the installation at the final step. i.e. choosing a security image and logging into my PayPal account.  When I use the plug-in logo on my tool bar I continue to see the 'complete installation' message.  I miss my plug-in feature.  Please help.

Login to Me Too

TheMoneyMan
Contributor
Contributor

Did not really find it that useful considering you needed a bank account to use it and why shop online and wait for your items rather then the convience of transfering the money to your bank account?

My cup of tea but maybe for security / other issues

Login to Me Too

crawdaddydoo92
Contributor
Contributor

First moneyman off you need a bank account to use paypal period. Second this is a forum for those who want to get this plugin back not for those who want to gripe about needing a bank account and waiting for items. In this day and age ANYONE can get a bank account, unless the **bleep** it up and wind up in check systems and even then many many banks will still give you a savings accoun. find the right forum on here for your concerns.

Login to Me Too

ibgrandma2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Amanda!  I use the plug-in whenever I shop on line...it's the greatest.  I bragged on it all the time...which got several friends to join Paypal.  They all love it too!  I just don't understand why Paypal wouldn't keep such a useful and well liked tool.  I'm so happy I can still use it, but I guess I will have to stop bragging on it since others can't sign up for it now.

@PayPal_Amanda wrote:

Hi All,

PayPal is committed to delivering the best possible products, services, and security to our customers. After two years of offering the PayPal Plug-In we’ve determined it is in our customers’ best interest to discontinue the product.

Members who are enrolled can still continue to use the Plug-In however there will be no new enrollments.

Enrolled members can go to PlugIn hub and download/install/use. 

-          Login to PayPal

-          Click on Plug-In in the Account Tools on right hand side box

-          Goes to Plug-In hub page

-          Look for Download link towards the bottom of the page.

-          Download and continue to enjoy the Secure Card

Our plan is to re-implement certain aspects of the Plug-In into future PayPal services; exact timing has not been determined.

For those members who regularly utilized the Plug-In and are interested in other ways to use PayPal where it is not currently accepted, we suggest the PayPal Debit Card which offers similar consumer benefits.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

mags1006
Contributor
Contributor

Amanda,  I have tried and re-tried at least 10 times (following your instructions) to get my paypal plug-in up and running again.  It still does not work.  I get hung up on the "continue setup".    What is it that I need to do to get this service back?

Login to Me Too

lindamarie805

I am stuck at the 'continue set up' also!

What can I do to get it working again?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.