[A Petition] GET PAYPAL PLUG-IN BACK!

HuyKun
Contributor
Contributor

Why oh why did PayPal have to remove the feature PayPal plugin. You know, a lot of people still want to use it, and there are probably several hundreds of people who were waiting to use it, but got cutoff because their waiting period didn't have enough time to activate it before the discontinuation of the PayPal Plug-in.

Why should we have the PayPal Plug-in come back?

- What about a sense of security? or the fact that people don't want to wait or carry around the plastic debit card that paypal provides or even our own credit/debit card.

- What about the ease of access of using the paypal plugin card, where as people can just generate a card on the go and use their PAYPAL BALANCE for those merchants or site that don't accept PAYPAL but only credit cards like Amazon? Don't you want more paypal users to be able to pay in many different ways?

- Money sense-of-security; There are hundreds of scammers sites everyday, once i enter in my ONLY ONE UNIQUE DEBIT/CREDIT CARD, then what happens if they charge me more than twice? Or even keep charging me even though i wanted to stop! With PayPal secure card, i would have been SAVED!  A one-time use, or even an unauthorize charge would have saved my **bleep** from getting charged for no reason!

- There are so many reasons why people still want to use it, and I LOVE PAYPAL, but the fact they had a feature running, then having it gone, makes me want to puke.

I had PayPal Plugin downloaded, and ready to activate, called PayPal and they said the reason I can't activate it is because it was discontinued. BUllSh*t. Why? Why why why!

This is a message not of hate, but of love and compassion. We are trying to get the message here to tell you, we love paypal, and we would LOVE to have PayPal Plug-In back.

For every user who agrees, please post here of YOUR story, and WHY you want it back.

I hope PayPal can understand this.

Login to Me Too
82 REPLIES 82

bill79
Contributor
Contributor

Amanda,

I agree with everyone else here.  You need to bring the paypal plugin back.  I am constantly telling my friends about it because it provides soo much security.  When one of my friends went to sign up for it, he found out it had been discontinued. 

Not only does the plugin provide the highest level of security that I've ever seen, but it also provides a way for you to cancel a recurring service and be sure that your bank account is not going to be charged for that service again; by closing the secure card.

I do realize that you guys at paypal probably do not make any money off the plugin, and you want to sell your new paypal debit card, but the debit card does not provide anywhere near the level of security that the plugin does.  NOTHING BEATS GETTING A NEW CREDIT CARD NUMBER FOR EACH PURCHASE!!!!!

Login to Me Too

wingo

I would like to add my voice to the restoration of the PayPal plugin.  In FF 3.5 it does weird things.  The drop down changes the focus to Thunderbird where it then shows!

I think that if there is a explanation why the plugin has been discontinued, (like a security breach), users are owed an explanation.  Why does Amanda of PayPal say it is in the users' best interest to discontinue it?  All of the respondents don't seem to want to be rescued by its demise.

Unless there is some unacknowledged reason why it is not in our interest, it should be restored as a valuable service.

Please bring it back.

Login to Me Too

Darrick

Bring it back NOW!!

*falls on floor and has tantrum*Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

ginny11
New Community Member

I just want to add my voice to those who are asking that you PLEASE update the plug-in software for FireFox! I don't want to run an earlier version of FF just so I can use the plug-in, and I really don't want to use IE! I use the plug-in alot, at least a couple of times a week, and often more than that.

Please update the FF plug-in software, thanks.

Login to Me Too

wemadethis
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, please bring the plugin back, or is there another way to use paypal for sites that don't accept paypal?

Login to Me Too

Plug-In
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought a new computer and found out about this travesty . I have been using this feature for what 2 years? Now I can't use it because I bought a new computer?

Epic fail PayPal

Login to Me Too

HansWiggers
Contributor
Contributor

So the plug-in is still available if you know where to look.

CATCH 22!!

Firefox updated to version 3.6 and the current plug-in does not work with it.Just sits there and does nothing.

I really have a hard time understanding why Paypal is so hard-nosed about this. Many, like myself, like to buy from relatively unnown sites and know that they will only get a temporary credit card number. Anyway others have said this eloquently enough. I guess I'll look at Google checkout.

Cheers,

Hans

Login to Me Too

mags1006
Contributor
Contributor

Hans,

Thanks for the heads up.  I too have given up on PayPal Plug-in.  Pay Pal would have done something by now if they cared.  At the very least they would have responded to our messages.  I didn't know that Google has a check out.  I will look into that.

Login to Me Too

StarrHawk

Thank for the Google checkout information. Maybe when Pay Pal looses enough people they will realize the value of the Plug In.

I've just recently found this site but I'm sure more people will read these post about Plug In and move on to greener pastures.

@HansWiggers wrote:

So the plug-in is still available if you know where to look.

CATCH 22!!

Firefox updated to version 3.6 and the current plug-in does not work with it.Just sits there and does nothing.

I really have a hard time understanding why Paypal is so hard-nosed about this. Many, like myself, like to buy from relatively unnown sites and know that they will only get a temporary credit card number. Anyway others have said this eloquently enough. I guess I'll look at Google checkout.

Cheers,

Hans

Login to Me Too

Tony_White
Contributor
Contributor

BRING IT BACK! I don't have any other way of paying for online games!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.