[A Petition] GET PAYPAL PLUG-IN BACK!

HuyKun
Contributor
Contributor

Why oh why did PayPal have to remove the feature PayPal plugin. You know, a lot of people still want to use it, and there are probably several hundreds of people who were waiting to use it, but got cutoff because their waiting period didn't have enough time to activate it before the discontinuation of the PayPal Plug-in.

Why should we have the PayPal Plug-in come back?

- What about a sense of security? or the fact that people don't want to wait or carry around the plastic debit card that paypal provides or even our own credit/debit card.

- What about the ease of access of using the paypal plugin card, where as people can just generate a card on the go and use their PAYPAL BALANCE for those merchants or site that don't accept PAYPAL but only credit cards like Amazon? Don't you want more paypal users to be able to pay in many different ways?

- Money sense-of-security; There are hundreds of scammers sites everyday, once i enter in my ONLY ONE UNIQUE DEBIT/CREDIT CARD, then what happens if they charge me more than twice? Or even keep charging me even though i wanted to stop! With PayPal secure card, i would have been SAVED!  A one-time use, or even an unauthorize charge would have saved my **bleep** from getting charged for no reason!

- There are so many reasons why people still want to use it, and I LOVE PAYPAL, but the fact they had a feature running, then having it gone, makes me want to puke.

I had PayPal Plugin downloaded, and ready to activate, called PayPal and they said the reason I can't activate it is because it was discontinued. BUllSh*t. Why? Why why why!

This is a message not of hate, but of love and compassion. We are trying to get the message here to tell you, we love paypal, and we would LOVE to have PayPal Plug-In back.

For every user who agrees, please post here of YOUR story, and WHY you want it back.

I hope PayPal can understand this.

Login to Me Too
82 REPLIES 82

minm
New Community Member

YEAH!. That was the coolest feature. Can't believe they would discontinue something that allowed us to use PP everywhere (like on Amzaon.)

Login to Me Too

DeanPB

I agree 1000000000%. I miss the temp credit cards we could creat for sites that wont take paypal.

Login to Me Too

lagena
New Community Member

GET THIS FIXED!!!!! I WANT IT BACK!!!!! I had to use my Old Explorer just to pay a bill. I use Firefox and i updated it and now it doesnt work. Thank god i never update Explorer.

Login to Me Too

selmonod

One reason I used PayPal so much was the plug-in feature.  Without it, it will have a definite impact on how often I use my PayPal account.  Please get the PayPal plug-in back to work with the latest, and any future updated Firefox.

Login to Me Too

Scott_T

I just found out that this service ever existed and am truly dissapointed to see that it's no longer available. Please bring back the Virtual CC function!

Login to Me Too

jcarst
Contributor
Contributor

I never even knew PayPal had a plugin!  I have been using PayPal for years but I just discovered this forum.  What a fantastic boon!

I also heard that PayPal has an affiliate program.  Is this true?

J

TrainingByJ.com

Login to Me Too

ChazC

If PayPal is serious about being some kind of e-bank THEY WILL GET THAT PLUG IN BACK IN OPERATION PRONTO. One of their most useful services by far. And if they had problems with it THEN STEP UP AND EXPLAIN ALREADY!!

Login to Me Too

paqcs
New Community Member

I am not a fan of the plug-in itself - as a tech I don't want or need any useless toolbars that will eventually **bleep** up Internet Explorer. I do, however, want the Secure Cards back. I used them frequently and will discontinue using PayPal if they aren't brought back. There are other online payment companies and can just as easily use any one of them.

Login to Me Too

Mickey3Gun

We need the plug-in back!  Why do I need to use Pay Pal otherwise, not all vendors will use PayPay.  But they all take MasterCard.  The one time  use MC was is the key feature that helped keep my financials safe on the net.  ( Just one more firewall the bad guys have to jump thru.)  I hope they wake up at PayPal and re-instate the plug-in, and do it soon.

Login to Me Too

Oh No!

Moving to a new computer, I naturally am reinstalling all of my software.  Imagine my horror to find out that I can't install the PayPal plug-in!  It's (almost) enough to stop me dead in my tracks.  What were the folks at PayPal thinking?  Is this some kind of marketing ploy?  That plug-in was a very useful tool for me.

Please bring it back!  I'd be willing to pay for it.

Stephen P. Morgan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.