[A Petition] GET PAYPAL PLUG-IN BACK!

HuyKun
Contributor
Contributor

Why oh why did PayPal have to remove the feature PayPal plugin. You know, a lot of people still want to use it, and there are probably several hundreds of people who were waiting to use it, but got cutoff because their waiting period didn't have enough time to activate it before the discontinuation of the PayPal Plug-in.

Why should we have the PayPal Plug-in come back?

- What about a sense of security? or the fact that people don't want to wait or carry around the plastic debit card that paypal provides or even our own credit/debit card.

- What about the ease of access of using the paypal plugin card, where as people can just generate a card on the go and use their PAYPAL BALANCE for those merchants or site that don't accept PAYPAL but only credit cards like Amazon? Don't you want more paypal users to be able to pay in many different ways?

- Money sense-of-security; There are hundreds of scammers sites everyday, once i enter in my ONLY ONE UNIQUE DEBIT/CREDIT CARD, then what happens if they charge me more than twice? Or even keep charging me even though i wanted to stop! With PayPal secure card, i would have been SAVED!  A one-time use, or even an unauthorize charge would have saved my **bleep** from getting charged for no reason!

- There are so many reasons why people still want to use it, and I LOVE PAYPAL, but the fact they had a feature running, then having it gone, makes me want to puke.

I had PayPal Plugin downloaded, and ready to activate, called PayPal and they said the reason I can't activate it is because it was discontinued. BUllSh*t. Why? Why why why!

This is a message not of hate, but of love and compassion. We are trying to get the message here to tell you, we love paypal, and we would LOVE to have PayPal Plug-In back.

For every user who agrees, please post here of YOUR story, and WHY you want it back.

I hope PayPal can understand this.

Login to Me Too
82 REPLIES 82

acewonders
Contributor
Contributor

The plugin was one of the best ideas paypal ever thought of. I don't know why they canceled it, maybe it has to do with the conspiracy theory Paypal wants everyone to have a paypal debit card.

Login to Me Too

HuyKun
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe, who even knows.

And Yes, PayPal Plug-IN Secure cards was probably the most amazing thing PayPal has created for the US users. It helped cut down the insecurity of buying things online.

And hell, who knows if PayPal is trying to work up something.

Login to Me Too

nmjunction
Contributor
Contributor

nmjunction
Contributor
Contributor

I just was trying to DOWNLOAD the plug-in for paypal, I have already been using it for many things that I wanted a little extra security on... VERY USEFUL TOOL... but found out I can't seem to download it anywhere! what a shame.

Login to Me Too

silt82

i really hope they bring this great and innovative feature back

Login to Me Too

BOHNSEYE
New Community Member

I agree 100%. I miss the temp credit cards we could creat for sites that wont take paypal.

Login to Me Too

acter
Contributor
Contributor

I agree completely!  This is very handy.

It still works, if you have it, and I just found a site for downloading it, but that might be tied to my account -- I don't know.

Login to Me Too

xxlcrimsonlxx
Contributor
Contributor

Ya I agree.

I found a link today to download the plug-in. I got it installed but in order to use Secure Card you have to do something on the actual Paypal site and when I click to set it up it says plug-in no longer available. Anyone knwo of a way to get around this?

Login to Me Too

TomD456
New Community Member

Just Joined this Blog to find out how to redownload Plug-in, but seen this message and it saved me some time, I justspent 1 1/2 hours on the phone trying to get help with installing PP Plug=In, It disappeared off my Fire Fox and IEtoolbars a few weeks ago and nada, it will not install, it will down load from pay pal site though, that's odd, why have it onthe site extolling its virtues, have you down load and poof all gone, This service was the greatest, some one up in theatmosphere got some kind of decision wrong, and by the looks of it it is agitating folks, very bad customer relations.  Thiswas the most secure feature that I had with PayPal. Bring It Back. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.