Reply to topic
Coronavitae New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

$5 back for using a bank account? Where is it?

When I chose to use my normal credit card payment, a little box was below it that said something like "Why not use your  bank account?  Get 5 dollars back when you pay with an account transfer!"

After I added and chose bank account, this message, and any indication that I would get $5 back was gone.  What happened?  Did I just get tricked by paypal?  There was no $5, either through a lower bill to my account or in 5$ back in my paypal account.

0 Kudos
ascain Contributor
Contributor

Re: $5 back for using a bank account? Where is it?

Same here.  An administrator posted the terms in another thread at https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/How-to-use-PayPal/Where-is-my-5-for-adding-and-using-my-checking...

I met all the terms and it has been 8 weeks, but I have not received my credit.

0 Kudos
ascain Contributor
Contributor

I emailed PayPal customer service at the 8 week mark and they wrote back that I would receive an answer to my question in 2 hours.  I didn't hear from them again, so five days later, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  Today, after 13 more days, my account was credited the $5.  In the transaction details, it says "correction".  I hope this helps, but I am interested to know if everyone else received their $5.

0 Kudos
ski_itrob New Community Member
New Community Member

I just had the same thing.  I hope that I have not gotten taken by spy-ware.  I entered through a portal in ebay.

0 Kudos
AmitTomar New Community Member
New Community Member

Does anybody has the phone number for paypal. I am the next victim of this scam.

I am never going to use paypal if I do not get my 5 bucks back. And will also not vote for their guvrnor aspirant CEO. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
nicole_xiaoqin New Community Member
New Community Member

same here. $5 was gone after I purchased.

0 Kudos
Announcements
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 take note. We’ll upgrade our communities in July and if you are using IE8 you won’t have a fully functional experience. Please upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11. There will be no changes to your community experience if you are using IE 9, 10, 11, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Welcome, guest
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count