$5 back for using a bank account? Where is it?

Coronavitae
New Community Member

When I chose to use my normal credit card payment, a little box was below it that said something like "Why not use your  bank account?  Get 5 dollars back when you pay with an account transfer!"

After I added and chose bank account, this message, and any indication that I would get $5 back was gone.  What happened?  Did I just get tricked by paypal?  There was no $5, either through a lower bill to my account or in 5$ back in my paypal account.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ascain
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.  An administrator posted the terms in another thread at https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/How-to-use-PayPal/Where-is-my-5-for-adding-and-using-my-checking...

I met all the terms and it has been 8 weeks, but I have not received my credit.

Login to Me Too

ascain
Contributor
Contributor

I emailed PayPal customer service at the 8 week mark and they wrote back that I would receive an answer to my question in 2 hours.  I didn't hear from them again, so five days later, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  Today, after 13 more days, my account was credited the $5.  In the transaction details, it says "correction".  I hope this helps, but I am interested to know if everyone else received their $5.

Login to Me Too

ski_itrob
New Community Member

I just had the same thing.  I hope that I have not gotten taken by spy-ware.  I entered through a portal in ebay.

Login to Me Too

AmitTomar
New Community Member

Does anybody has the phone number for paypal. I am the next victim of this scam.

I am never going to use paypal if I do not get my 5 bucks back. And will also not vote for their guvrnor aspirant CEO. 🙂

Login to Me Too

nicole_xiaoqin
New Community Member

same here. $5 was gone after I purchased.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.