1st time using pay pal

jeremy_barnes
New Community Member

i just started my pay pal and ebay acct.  and not sure how it all works.. i linked my bank acct. to pay pal and transferred money from my bank to pay pal... but it has not processed yet .. could i still purchase my items and it take it out of my pay pal acct when the money arrives or will it take it out of  bank acct. right then.. i need to know if it takes it out of my bank acct .. that will be twice taken out .. so can someone please help me?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

When you transfer funds to you paypal account from your bank account it usually takes 2-4 business days to complete.

Funds sent from you paypal balance, credit card/branded debit card and bank accounts with a cc attached to your paypal account are instant.

You do not have to transfer money to your paypal account to make a purchase.

Since you bank account is linked to your Paypal account, when you send a payment to the seller paypal will debit your bank account. 

If you want to fund the Paypal payment with a credit card/branded debit card, you will have to click on the link the says "more funding options" and choose the funding option you want to use.

If you have a paypal balance, you will not be able to change the option until you transfer the paypal balance to yor bank account, or use it.

Login to Me Too

rotomike
New Community Member

I have added a credit card to my Pay Pal accnt.  I now have an outstanding balance with Pay Pal and would like to make a payment.  I want to make the payment to Pay Pal using the credit card but it only gives me the option of my checking accnt.

Why won't it give me the credit card option?

thanks

mike

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.