$130 stolen & $360 in bank fees too! BEWARE! Pay Pal and Skype will not take responsbility!

macroqueen
Contributor
Contributor

I had been a loyal and happy customer of both PayPal and Skype for years....until now. I WANT to be happy with them, but they are making it impossible!.

I have filed a dispute with PayPal and Skype. PayPal sent an email a day or two after saying that it was not an unauthorized transaction! Between Dec 23-Jan 2, I had 12 payments totaling $130 in amounts ranging from $2.95, $10 and  $30.00 go from my bank account through Pay Pal to Skype and I DID NOT authorize any of them. To make it really bad, in the process, they caused my bank to charge me $360.00 in overdraft charges!

I am down to .20cents in my bank to get me through a month. I live on social security disability so my only income is $600 a month. My son and I now have no food, can't pay rent or other bills. I expected PayPal to stand behind their promises to protect my money but they refused. Skype says they never GOT the payments (and they don't show up in my account online at skype,) and Pay Pal says it was not unauthorized so they won't give it back to me.

I looked online, and discovered that I am NOT the only one this is happening to!

Look here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/####/sep/##/paypal-skype-payments  

I NEED my money back. Why won't Pay Pal keep their promise to protect and refund? They claim they did a complete investigation and the 12 payments were not unauthorized so they wont pay me back. This is wrong on so many levels.

I intend to collect the information from as many people as I can who have had this happen to them and decide how to make this known to as many people as possible unless my money is refunded.

If anyone from PayPal is willing to help, let me know, but so far, all I am getting is BRUSHED OFF.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.