withheld funds

dlat
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling on ebay for about 10 years.  I have sold an item today, the buyer has paid but I have received the foolowing message from paypal;

You received a payment from (xxxxxxx). This payment is now in your pending balance and temporarily unavailable. Providing no issues arise between you and the buyer the funds will be released after 21 days.

Here are the details:

• Buyer name: xxxxxx
  • Payment date: 21 March 2017
  • Payment amount: £xxxxxx
  • Your transaction ID: xxxxxxx

Want your money sooner? Here's what you can do to speed things up:

• If you used Royal Mail, provide a valid tracking number. Your money will then be available within 3 days of the tracking status showing as delivered by the courier.
  • If you don't have a tracking number, mark your item as shipped on the Transaction Details page. Your money will be available 7 days after you mark as shipped (14 days if you're shipping to an international location)
  • If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-book, piano lessons, etc.), mark the transaction as processed and provide details. Your money will be available 7 days after you mark as processed (14 days if your buyer is based internationally).
  • If you use Royal Mail, you can send your items faster by printing labels with PayPal, and we will upload the tracking informationfor you. Your money will then be available within 3 days of the tracking status showing as delivered by the carrier. Try PayPal shipping-https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/2W3326481S6479819

I have never received anything like this before.  What does it mean?  I don't want to post items before receiving funds.  I have recently changed by internet provider and have had to set up a new email - would this have caused this?  Can anyone advise

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dlat

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dlat
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your advice.  I've been selling for about 10 years and have 100% positive feedback, so I guess it's the change of email address that's caused the problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.