stop pay after delivery

mj3179
New Community Member

Recently when both buying and selling items from ebay, I have had no choice but to pay for items after the item has been delivered.

I have to pay the seller but the payment is put on hold until they have sent the item.  I have also had the same problem when selling goods; I have had to send the item first without recieving the buyers payment.  This is really annoying as I have no choice to opt out of this.  How can I change the settings so I can buy and sell items as normal without insisting that the item is recieved before payment is sent?

Many thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds to me as t hough the sellers you have bought from recently and yourself are new sellers and subject to the 21 day paypal payment hold.

Have you had information to that effect?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bellawolfhound
New Community Member

I'm with you on this there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, it doesn't relate to new buyers/sellers it's seems purely random.The blurb on the Pay Pal front page says you (the buyer) have the option at checkout for this, noooo I don't it just happens and I can't find a way out of it grrrrrrrrrrrr

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi bellawolfhound, 

After you make a Pay After Delivery payment, PAD automatically becomes the default way for you to pay for purchases, wherever PAD is offered.

To change the default way you pay for purchases:

1. Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page
  3. Click ‘My money’.
  4. Click ‘Update’ beside ‘bank accounts.’
  5. Under 'Paying after delivery is my preferred way to pay', click 'Turn this option off'.

Otherwise, you  can decide not to use PAD during the checkout flow. Click 'Change' on the Review Your Information page during checkout and select a different payment method.

I hope this helps answer your question. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

robindrade
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paula.

Thanks very much for that simple & accurate explanation. This was really annoying me too - seeing amounts I couldn't remember going out 2 weeks later to people I didn't remember I find very disconcerting. Paypal should email a user automatically when this option is started (don't think I got anything) with this explanation I think. Regards, R.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi robindrade, 

You are welcome and glad I could clarify for you. 

I will note your feedback in relation to communication for Pay after delivery. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

h20iswater
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, i didn't even switch this on, it just was there one day, if it's being automatically selected then it's wrong, it just means PayPal keeps your money in it's account earning interest for itself...which must be illegal or something?

Login to Me Too

bagnannymouse
Contributor
Contributor

I don't like this auto default to 'deferred payment' with funds withdrawn from bank a/c rather than paypal balance. You will drive many people unaware into bank overdraft.  Please default to 'Paypal balance'.

Login to Me Too

stroodsue
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much, this is indeed the correct way to do this! I LOVE you! lol Seriously I have thought and thought.. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

dannygirl0
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.