sales money on hold

avribank-1
New Community Member

Hi ,I,ve only recently joined ebay, and opened up a paypal account,and up until the weekend past my only activity has been to buy small inexpensive items and i paid with my debit card that is logged on with paypal,but at the weekend I actually sold an item for £30 + £16.80 postage, the buyer paid instantly, and today i logged on to paypal to view the transaction and pay for the postage as i,m ready to send the goods, But to my dismay I found that Paypal have put the payment on hold until i build up sufficient =credit rating and they have said that the money can be held for up to 21 days,, which does,nt help me, as I now can,t send the goods as i do not have any funds for the postage, and I have notified the buyer that I,ve had to cancel the sale, to be truthful I do realise the Paypal have to be careful, but, what i don,t get is..I,ve already bought and paid for 4 items, but this apparently does,nt count,,I,m now thinking that being a part of ebay and Paypal is more trouble than its worth..and i,d be as well closing my accounts as i can do without this kind of stress,

Avril.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@avribank-1

Every single seller on Ebay or selling with paypal have been through the new seller hold but if you decide you need to be the exception then its probably best you don't sell anymore.

You rarely wait 21 days if you send the item trackable but to be honest you should really read up on how Ebay and paypal work before you start using them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kabman
Contributor
Contributor

I suspect the Paypal billing engine or platform runs algorithms so its not personal. I have been with Paypal for some time and on occassion have had to call customer services to get funds released, they will always try as they know it could potentially be sensitive issue and could result in the loss of people singing up. Remeber they have 1000's of transactions to deal with everyday and a x% will be scammers, so if your geuine call customer services and if the goods were sent with a tracker and they can see its been signed for they usually release within a few days. That is my experience, in fact they are holding funds for meas I type. So spk to them.Robot Indifferent

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.