returns

ati5609
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I sold a ladies electric bike which was in perfect condition as new the lady and her male friend came to collect the item then they both inspected the item and also rode the bike to try it out everything was fine no problems I also asked her if she was happy and she said yes they then put it into a estate car boot for which they had trouble getting it in she asked if the wheel can come off but I advised her not to because of the motor and the wireing I do not know if they did this or not against my advise but now I have had a message she wants a refund saying there is a fault with the motor but I know for a fact there is nothing wrong when they were here collecting the item she paid through paypal but now they have put the money on hold please help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ati5609

You should never accept paypal for an item that is collected or personally delivered as you have no paypal seller protection.

That is why Ebay for one allow you to refuse paypal and accept cash on collection only for collection sales. Then you would have had cash in hand and no risk of a paypal dispute plus the added bonus of no paypal fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ati5609
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your advise so I have no chance of winning the case no matter what I say.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.