received paypal email in my email address saying my payment is pending in the paypal system

saqib
New Community Member

hi guys i put my phone for sale on gum tree i received a email askin me to post it to africa, the buyer said he will 

be paying through payapl after giving him my paypal address i checked in my account they was no money received but i did get an email in my email address 'saying the money is in the paypal data system and will be sent to my account once i have given the proof of the item being sent of ?   is this even real because i have never used or come acroos this service before can some one please help me.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_paula

Hi saqib,

If you can not see your payment in your PayPal account then you have not been paid. Even if PayPal were to hold the payment you will still see the payment as held on your PayPal account.

At PayPal we will always recommend not to ship your item out until you can see your payment on your PayPal account.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

Seann
Contributor
Contributor

i had a very similar this on ebay

the buyer sent me an email saying the payment was pending and that i should post the item ASAP. he even said he gave me an extra £50 to post it to his son in nigeria. i have since reported him and is now banned. what made me suspect he was lying was that he was sending me emails saying it was from ebay, but my email address he was sending the correspondence to was not even registered to ebay. 

unless there is a new balance in your paypal account, do not send.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.