pending balance payment hold

jacksonfan123
Contributor
Contributor

I'm fairly new to E bay and Paypal.  I sold my first items at the end of April.  Selling 4 items for just over £300 I was allowed immediate access to all and any funds shortly after they were paid into my PayPal account.  I thought this was great as I believed payments were held for up to 21days...... I received good feedback from all 4 buyers.  Last week I sold 10 items it's only now that my payments seem to be put on hold I have messages saying I can access the money 1st of June.  I have today posted tracked all ten items at great cost ... All my buyers are from Japan or the USA.  Is there anything I can do to get PayPal to release the money to me?.  When Paypal hold money do they always hold the full amount.  Please advise how I can get some money released to me.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

trevoskus

I have 4 items sold on ebay still pending and on hold since the 4th of April with good feedbacks received on 3 of them. I have not sold any items for about a year when I sold then usually payments would be released within 2 weeks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trevoskus

If you have not sold for a while then Ebay may put you back on the new seller hold again.

Feedback has no bearing on payment release.

Info in link for you >>

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SneakyRussian
Contributor
Contributor

I am not a new seller.  I had my eBay account for over 5 years with 0 issues or negative feedback. I have been actively clearing out my junk for the last 6 months, yet PayPal decided to hold a £100+ payment (item was delivered 2 days ago).

It's just an automatic system that randomly holds...  I guess the same way as airport import checks.

Paypal support is also a joke. If ever eBay agrees to use an alternative service like ApplePay or Monzo, I will jump ship and delete the account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SneakyRussian

Think you are blaming the wrong company  >>

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.

If you are not a new seller then there are other reasons for the hold to be applied  >>

1. New seller.
2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.
3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.
4. Recent buyer disputes.
5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.
6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/sr?query=1746

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.