pending balance payment hold

jacksonfan123
Contributor
Contributor

I'm fairly new to E bay and Paypal.  I sold my first items at the end of April.  Selling 4 items for just over £300 I was allowed immediate access to all and any funds shortly after they were paid into my PayPal account.  I thought this was great as I believed payments were held for up to 21days...... I received good feedback from all 4 buyers.  Last week I sold 10 items it's only now that my payments seem to be put on hold I have messages saying I can access the money 1st of June.  I have today posted tracked all ten items at great cost ... All my buyers are from Japan or the USA.  Is there anything I can do to get PayPal to release the money to me?.  When Paypal hold money do they always hold the full amount.  Please advise how I can get some money released to me.

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

PayPal_paula

Hi jacksonfan123, 

As part of our payment holds for new eBay sellers, we'll hold the money from your eBay transactions for up to 21 days. The funds for payments received are held temporarily as a pending balance in your account. New sellers on eBay are sellers who received payment for their first eBay sale less than 90 days ago. 

Your money will be available sooner if:

• Your buyer leaves you positive feedback
  • You provide tracking information which shows the item has been delivered more than 3 days ago. 

Once one of the above criteria is met you payments can be released. 

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

katie92
New Community Member

hi, i also am new to ebay and paypal, i just sold an item and despite having provided tracking info and having received positive feedback am still unable to transfer funds, is there something i should be doing?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally funds are released 24-48 hours after being left pos feedback

OR the tracking number shows the item was delivered + 3 days.

If you have met one of those criteria then email paypal via contact us bottom of paypal pages and tell them you have met the criteria of early release and give them the appropriate transaction number. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ukraine45jusik
Contributor
Contributor

in my case the positive feedback was left ant tracking information provided (5 days ago) and my funds are still not released!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

abirmodak

@PayPal_paula wrote:

Hi jacksonfan123, 

As part of our payment holds for new eBay sellers, we'll hold the money from your eBay transactions for up to 21 days. The funds for payments received are held temporarily as a pending balance in your account. New sellers on eBay are sellers who received payment for their first eBay sale less than 90 days ago. 

Your money will be available sooner if:

• Your buyer leaves you positive feedback
  • You provide tracking information which shows the item has been delivered more than 3 days ago. 

Once one of the above criteria is met you payments can be released. 

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Hello Paula,

I hope you or someone else would reply to this as this is an old post.

I bough some computer accesories from Micron Europe from their official site and not from ebay. aside from the payment to Micron, which is still pending in status message,  I see almost 16% of the value of my total purchase is cut off from my account and its placed under related transaction. When I click on the details on the subject it says "You have sent $66.49 USD to PayPal with PayPal". and on type column it says "Pending Balance Payment".

I am a buyer, not seller and I don't remember commiting to pay such fees for my transaction. please help and clarify what happend here. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi abirmodak,

Welcome to the UK Community Forum and thanks for posting!

Based on the information you provided in your post, the earlier answer provided would not apply to you. It sounds like you placed an order on your Merchants site and as you had some funds in your PayPal account at the time the order was placed, they were put on “Pending” status to go towards the total price of your payment. When your Merchant claims the order, the balance of the transaction will be requested from your bank or card. This is not a fee and you will only pay the amount of the order.

I hope this helps,
Maria

Login to Me Too

ARGEL1
New Community Member
i have the same problem. I received a payment and it say the money is received but the fund is on hold and it should be available after 21 days. it's been 21 days and yet still the fund is on hold. Anyone help me with this?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi ARGEL1 and welcome, 

Sounds like you have what we call payment holds. If this is the case your payment should automatically release once 21 days have passed. If it has not yet been released please contact us directly so we can have this looked at for you. You can contact us by phone or email by clicking on the contact/help link at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also contact us on  Facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter @AskPayPal. 

Thanks for posting, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Trangdang101094
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I sold my item on ebay and my item delivered already on sept 21 to my customer. But when I check the payment it still on red line "On Hold", when I clicked it; it said " While you establish a successful eBay sales history, you may not have access to your money for up to 21 days. You may get it sooner, but it may take longer if your buyer reports a problem with the sale." and i wonder when my payment is released, i uploaded tracking number to ebay. Thanks please help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.