paypal holding random payments - funds availability - anyone help??

more4less
New Community Member

Hi,

Ive been selling on ebay for a while and have noticed that a large chunk of money (£370 to be exact !!) is being held for 'funds availability'.  Its been on hold for several for several months now, new payments come in and clear immediately, I have lomost 60 positive feedback and havent anything outstanding to post etc.  The amount doesnt seem to relate to any one item and never changes, Ive trawled back though transactions and nothing is flagged up against any of them.

Ive mailed paypal several times about this and just keep getting fobbed off with links that doent answer why the funds are being held nor when they are likley to be released.

Anyone have an idea if the funds will ever be released??  I cant afford to lose this money and am massively out of pocket on postage and stuff whilst its being held.

I feel like closing the damn account now.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi more4less,

Welcome to the community forum.

What you are describing doesn't seem like a normal procedure we would follow for funds availability.

I cannot see your account details here so I would have to suggest a contact with customer support. I understand that this hasn't proved useful so far but we would need to look a bit further into the issue.

Could you try our Twitter support @AskPayPal we can help quickly there.

Hope you get some help on this. Let me know how you get on.

Rachael.

Login to Me Too

biocarero
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am a power seller i have 212 raitin positive and they hold today my money for 21 days radomly.

I have called them and the explication was that I had a dispute on my acount 1 month ago which was ended in my favor.

SO my conclusion is if you creat a dispute with a power seller , if you invent one , he will win the dispute but paypal will hold the funds he will receive in the future for 21 days,

Is this correct?

should we find an alternative payment on ebay?

the ebay fees are high

the paypal fees are high

and they hold the funds everytime they are in the mood to do so

is that right?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.