paypal holding money then

gingercat1
Contributor
Contributor

can some 1 please help

i recieved payment of £29 from buyer on 1st feb 2011,i obviously used the payment to pay 4 items i then bought

i later found out buyer had opened case on me via paypal,the money was put on hold

i had neg balance og £29 so i paid £4 from bank card then sold 2 items which paypal took money straight off me for to clear neg balance

i assumed this was to refund buyer

then i get email from me telling me to refund buyer

i dont understand...they held his payment dated 1/2/2011 then they took £29 off me via diff payments i recieved into my account from other buyers which cleared neg balance

now they want me to pay yet another £29 i cant afford to refund a seller 2 times for same item

i emailed paypal they just emailed me how to open a dispute so my email wasnt read properly then i was told to call them which to be honest i cant afford to as havent enough credit on my mobile

can some1 please explain to me whats happening as i dont understand

thank u

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_barry

Hello there, sounds like you actually cleared your negative balance with your payment. That does not mean that the payment goes back to the buyer, just that PayPal now have the funds held in full. I would suggest atht you go to the resolution centre of your PayPal and respond there. If you wish to refund, you can do so. However, you are also entitled to challenge the claim. PayPal also update you via e-mail and the Resolution Centre with any update or request. Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

gingercat1
Contributor
Contributor

hya i have tried to respond to case it only gives my 3options i tried clicking on have not posted item and will refund but it says i have no money in my account which is true but paypal took 29.00 pounds off me days ago to clear a negative balance as they put the buyers payment on hold

i cant afford to pay another 29.00 when paypal have already taken it off me once to clear neg balance

so can paypal not refund the buyer now with the money they have on hold

if i have have to refund again im 29.00 out of pocket

as i explained b4....BUYER PAID ON 1ST FEB

I SPENT BUYERS MONEY

BUYERS PAYMENT WENT ON HOLD

PAYPAL TOOK EVERY PENNY OFF ME THAT WHEN INTO MY ACCOUNT FROM THAT MOMENT AS I THEN HAD A NEG BALANCE OF £29.00

I PAID ALL £29.00 SO BALANCE WAS BACK TO 0.00

SO CLEARLY PAYPAL HAS RECOVERED THE £29.00 OFF ME

SO CAN THEY NOT NOW GIVE IT BACK TO BUYER

please can you help as i cant afford to put another £29.00 in my account

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there gongercat1,

If you have having trouble issuing the refund you can send an email to the following address authorising the refund and out claims team can see about issuing the refund on your behalf.

Email address: complaint-response@paypal.com

Please put your case id in the email along with you authorisation to issue the refund to your buyer. They may have to wait until the funds clear into your PayPal account in full to cover the negative balance. This takes 5-7 working days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.