payment ok but egg timer ebay, safe to send or not?

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

Payment showing as completed and ok to send in paypal.

BUT

Egg timer showing on my ebay sold page. WHY?

Is the item safe to send out to the buyer or not?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

I have just noticed that it  also says this in paypal :

"PayPal has placed a temporary hold while we're reviewing it. We'll contact you shortly with further information"

what does this mean? reviewing what exactly? and am I safe to send it or should I wait? can the payment be reversed on me?

Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

OK, just chatted to ebay live chat. and I am gobsmacked! the egg timer is only due to my paypal and ebay email addresses being different ( I hate getting lots of stupid emails from ebay every day that just fill my inbox (LOL!) so I check the ebay one online instead) but paypal comes into my 'home email' .

this is a quote of their reply, before the guy ended the chat and cut me off before I could reply! cheeky sod! : 

Martin Graham
I understand how important this situation on your sold item. To resolve this, I suggest you contact the buyer and ask them to cancel their unclaimed payment. After they cancelled their payment, you can send them an invoice through PayPal so that they can pay on your correct email address. This process is safe and secured.

REALLY? the payment is wrong in my ebay, yet the payment shows completed and ok to send in my paypal???! 

So do I send or not? : ? I have no idea now!
Login to Me Too

davd2013
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmm have noticed a few comments about this at the moment. i am also having a refund (from seller to me) temporary on hold... its my 10yr old grandsons xbox he bought with his birthday money. the seller is no longer registered. I cant get through to paypal as number isnt recognised. Never had this problem in the 11years I have been using ebay/paypal... I want to speak to paypal to find out how long the money is held for before being released as I obviously want to let  my grandson know whats going on, bless him

Login to Me Too

bigtidyup
Contributor
Contributor

yes, I read your problem first, have you tried the freephone ebay number? ebay should issue you with a refund but I think you need to chase it asap 0800 3586551. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.