money being held for 21 days we cant have our money yet paypal can take there fees on a hold

keleedo
New Community Member

i have never had a problem with any of my sales i have 100% feedback , yet paypal will not let me have my money for 21 days ?am i missing the point here this is money that is ours , some of the money covers the cost for postage !!!!! yet we cant get ours but yet paypal can take there fees straight away ?sorry but if there is a hold then paypal should have to wait for there fees aswell .quite frankly i think this is stupid and wrong i normaly give people the choice for recorded delivery as to keep post costs down , its ok for buyers to rip us sellers off but when it comes to us we are just targeted maybe paypal should look at individual accounts and not just judge us cos of the small minority of scammers , they have our bank and card details , address and numbers is this not proof enough we are not going to rip people off , its very easy for a buyer to say that they have not received an item as they chose not to do recorded its there word against yours and yet they win and your out of pocket so now paypal have held our money and if the buyer wants to say something is wrong etc you are out of pocket etc im sorry to rant but i dont sell on here to rip people off i sell stuff as to good to throw away and sell on and with the money i buy from other sellers stuff that i want in return now thats all gone to corrupt and 2 sales ive just done which have been bigger than i have ever sold even though i started it at 99p has been held it feels like you are giving people credit now and let them decide after they receive goods if they want the item or not its all wrong and i may turn to selling on amazon and other sites again

Login to Me Too
112 REPLIES 112

kamilos208
New Community Member

hi, my money has been on hold as the buyer reversed the payment. spoke to pay pal representative and they cannot help as buyer cancelled the direct debit with them! so they decided to take my money instead chase the buyer for it. so I have no money and no item! great rip off! the buyer doesn't bother to answer emails or calls!and paypal cannot help!i am also thinking about moving somewhere else! 

Login to Me Too

temp09022011p
New Community Member

What a rubbish idea from PayPal. They better change it before people leave and there will be no coming back.

Login to Me Too

wayner
New Community Member

never had this before sold somthing last nite went to transfer the money to me bank  account today and on hold for 21 days?i worked it out that if i sold somthing last nite the money will be in me bank for thurs/friday this week now i need this money asap for my sons school clothes and shoes to go back to school a week today thats another 60 quid i now have to find from some were ive got 100% feed back and never had a problem with selling or buying. this is behond a joke and seems like paypall are making money of you the fees have gone up and there quick to take there money but not willing to give you yours!!!.after ive got the money back god nos when looking at the compliants and searching the net for answers iam going to shut me account carnt do with this any more.

Login to Me Too

Binks
Contributor
Contributor

100% DISAGREE with any of this. Two days ago I was conned by a con artist on ebay, I have not yet received an outcome to the matter yet. £380 iv sent this “claimed seller” and if it wasn’t for paypal having that hold on my money this scammer would have it all!  This person used their ex wife’s details to sell expensive items on ebay and was able to cheat people (naïve, experienced or not experienced buyers). The reason how his ex wife was able to warn me of him is because I sent an email to the address on the PayPal invoice asking where my item was, and she’s contacted me back warning me. Idiots to does who say there shouldn’t be a 21 day hold!

Login to Me Too

GeordieR
Contributor
Contributor

Nonsense.Having your payment scooped by a scammer is highly unlikely if you use eBay properly, set bidder restrictions and check people's feedback before buying. I do all of these things routinely and it has worked fine so far, Apply some common sense and be careful!

In addition, everyone understands that payment holds for new ebayers or those with a poor history etc is appropriate to protect buyers, the problem is when PayPal applies these holds to people who are clearly good ebayers with a siggnificant number of transactions, 100% positive feedback and no claims or problems ever (like me). When everything in your own eBay Seller Profile is relenlessly positive it's hard to understand what PayPal are at, and not surprisingly people feel it may be best explained by profit.

Login to Me Too

Morena
New Community Member

What is the solution apart from leaving? If I'm paid by another means eg bank transfer, Paypal don't get paid a fee or get to put a hold on my money?

Login to Me Too

LCarlyle2
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_AdrianOModerator

As part of our payment holds for new eBay sellers, we'll hold the money from your eBay transactions for up to 21 days. The funds for payments received are held temporarily as a pending balance in your account. New sellers on eBay are sellers who received payment for their first eBay sale less than 90 days ago.

Bull**bleep**.

Can you please point out how legaly you can do this? because your so called customer reps appear to hang up when asked to provide it.

also, any funds on hold are not recived by the seller of the item under UK law, which means that the seller has no legal right to post the item, since they have no had the payment for it.

Login to Me Too

camarahobbies
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like,, if one is going to sell on ebay ,, we have to forget using PayPal and get a Merchaint Card sevice like Merchantinc.com  or something like that.

Sadly most here just auction a few things and cant afford such services..

The thing is,,, this new policy promotes dishonesty in buyers.

For example, read this. Paypal suggests Violin smashed. so customer can get thier refund.

Hey,, i think i will go order a bunch of expensive electronic stuff and then take a picture of some smashed old broken stuff, then get my refund.

Yeah,, that's what i'll do! Thanks PayPal!  ( joking )

Login to Me Too

Alliah_Williams
Contributor
Contributor
Oh I see, So just because you came across this scammer, genuine sellers who give great customer service and have happy buyers who give 100% positive feedback and are pleased with their item, should be brought down too?
Login to Me Too

angry_guy

I am in complete duscust with this BS. I am on the other end of the stick here, I have bought an item and I have to wait 21 days before the seller can get his payent so he can send me my item!!!  Too bad if I was in a hurry to get my item!!

If I want the item sooner I need to leave positive feedback...  HANG ON, leave must positive feedback before the seller has even posted it, that is highly unfair on me to be blackmailed into leaving feedback before I even see the item in my hands!!! 

It seems like if you do not want to wait 6 weeks for an item, DO NOT USE PAYPAL or just goto a retail store and pay over the counter, avoid ebay all together and get the item within seconds of paying for it....

All this over a 7 pound sale, utter MADNESS...  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.