buyer opens a dispute. but not respond now need help.

cool-access
Contributor
Contributor

hi everyone .need your help

I recently sent the order to a customer. when the items are received by buyer. he open a dispute that items are not as described. but i sent same as what he wants. i respond his messages. but he want to return the items. i said ok return the items but buyer paid returns charges. he did not respond to my answer now. what can i do now? can i escalate to paypal? or what? how i get my money back.?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cool-access

If the dispute is still at the dispute stage then if its not escalated by you OR the buyer it will ''time'' out in your favour at 20 days post being opened.

OR you can escalate to a claim and if paypal find in favour of the buyer the buyer will have to return the item to you first before you have to refund.

Personally I would just see if it times out as it could be the buyer just can't be bothered to send the item back now he knows he has to pay postage.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cool-access

If the dispute is still at the dispute stage then if its not escalated by you OR the buyer it will ''time'' out in your favour at 20 days post being opened.

OR you can escalate to a claim and if paypal find in favour of the buyer the buyer will have to return the item to you first before you have to refund.

Personally I would just see if it times out as it could be the buyer just can't be bothered to send the item back now he knows he has to pay postage.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cool-access
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for reply sir. dispute is open we do not escalate now. but buyer told me that i paid return charges. i said that i accept return but buyer said to me that you paid return charges too. is there any paypal policy or something that i will show to buyer that wou will paid return charges throuh paypal policy. ? thanks alot for help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cool-access

Well with a user name of kernowLASS I am not a ''sir''.

However  >>

As a non-exhaustive guide, PayPal may request and require:

1. the buyer to post back to the Payment Recipient, to PayPal or to a third party (as PayPal may direct) an item that the buyer claims is SNAD and to provide Proof of Delivery (as set out in section 11.9 above). Please take reasonable precautions in re-packing the item to reduce the risk of damage to the item during transit.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cool-access
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks alot.

Login to Me Too

cool-access
Contributor
Contributor

if it is automatically closed means nor a buyer or seller escalate to paypal. paypal return my payment? it goes to my favour?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cool-access

If neither buyer or seller escalate the dispute to a claim and it ''times out'' at 20 days then yes you get your payment back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cool-access
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for help.i wanted to tell you that we do not create any agreement before deal. i just sent a invoice on paypal to buyer. through invoice he paid me and then i sent all items ( paid the shipping charges too). i did not charge any shipping charges to a buyer. buyer opens a dispute. is still open. he said to me i sent not as described. but i sent all items are same. we did not create any return agreement. but he said i want to return. we accept return too. but he said to me that you paid return charges.otherwise i will esclate to claim. thanks  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.