buyer failed to receive the item and refuse to pay customs in his country

silentdream
Contributor
Contributor

i sold an item auction style on ebay the buyer won the auction fair and square the price  was a fraction of the actual value i respect ebay regulation shipped the item with dhl express to the buyer dhl contacted the buyer in his country and ask him to pay for tax and duty he refuse to pay and fail to receive the item (we all know tax and import duty paid by the buyer)

he then opened a return request on ebay his/her claim were false claim the item stopped somewhere and he/his never got it 

thank god dhl keep the shipper with all update online and by email and phone

ebay then ruled in my favor because of his false claim

then the buyer open a case on paypal claiming also item not received 

i reasoned to the case by providing tracking number and asked paypal to verify my info that the buyer refused the delivery because of the tax and duty 

still waiting for the final result 

i did everything by the book 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Silentdream,

Welcome to the forum! 

It sounds like you did everything correctly indeed. Please don't worry, if the case is currently being investigated by the relevant team in PayPal, they will update you as soon as they review all the information provided. 

If you need any help, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter: @AskPayPal. You can also call us or send us an email if you select the Contact link in your PayPal account. 

Jessica

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Silentdream,

Welcome to the forum! 

It sounds like you did everything correctly indeed. Please don't worry, if the case is currently being investigated by the relevant team in PayPal, they will update you as soon as they review all the information provided. 

If you need any help, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter: @AskPayPal. You can also call us or send us an email if you select the Contact link in your PayPal account. 

Jessica

Login to Me Too

silentdream
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your reply 🙂 i'm not worry about the money its only 100$ i can refund him/her easy because the funds still on hold 

first i worry about my reputation as a fresh  seller still trying to make my way

2nd if the buyer did contacted me i would   be more than happy to accept the return gladly 

because its good thing for me the real value of the  is 300+ he/she paid 100$

3rd even if the buyer did paid the tax it is  still  a bargain price for him/her the total price 

4th why would he lie about facts and he could easily contact me   and wait for it to come back and everything will be great for him and me 

he never ones contact me i wish he did he just opened a case and used my tracking number to as a return item and will show up delivered and thinks eBay would not know that 🙂 eBay immediately closed the case on my favor 

just can not find an answer why would a buyer would do that when we all know anything can be solver between buyer and a seller by direct contact 99% of the time 

sorry for the long reply 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

I understand your concern and you are right, things would have been easily resolved if the buyer had contacted you directly in the first place 🙂

Unfortunately, the buyer took a different option and in this case, it sounds like that has delayed the resolution instead of speeding it up. However, once our team reviews all the information available, they will make a decision and you will receive an update. I thank you for your patience in the meantime and I wish you the best in your future sales.

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.