but took money back without my knowledge now payment reversed

hayweaf80
New Community Member

hi there all i recently sold a smeg fridge freezer on gumtreee recieved the paymentr the buyer sent a friend to collect it and about a week later i see the buyer has took the money back without my knowledge and now im -150 to paypal can anyboby help me with this as ive recieved no messages from the buyer at all or calls nothing just the reverse payment also the item was everything stated it was thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @hayweaf80,

Apologies for the delay and we are sorry to hear you have had this experience. Please check the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account to see if there was a case opened against this payment. Also, check your emails for any email communication. I do have to advise, if there was a case we would look to cover you under our Seller Protection policy. In order to be covered, you would need to have proof the item was delivered to the buyer, without this and a tracking number you generally would not be covered I am afraid. You should find some additional information on the policy and how to protect yourself going forward Here.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.