absolute joke!!!!

stacie87x
Contributor
Contributor
Ive got over £165 on hold both parcels signed for and delivered as ive che ked myself, received positive feedback from both buyers, yes its the first time ive sold but got over 100 positive buying feedback, ive checked to see what you can be done to get my money quicker and ive checked most of them and even though ive got confirmation and positive feedback that the parcelsbarrived safely my money is still on hold!!! Im selling stuff i dont use because i need the money so how do thwy expect us to pay postage if we need the money to do it!!! Ive tried ringing ebay and get the phone put down on me and paypal sounds like an automated message of the checklists! So ive done everything right as i would and my money still on hold!
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stacie87x

Firstly of course you have 100% feedback for buying as buyers cannot get negative feedback on ebay so you could have nothing less than 100%.

Secondly positive feedback does not make any difference to when the funds are released as feedback can be left for the wrong seller by mistake so ebay does not count it.

Thirdly its normally released once your tracking number shows the item as delivered + 3 days.

Lastly they expect you to fund the postage yourself until you have completed all the requirements of the new seller hold.

Info in link below.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

I think the "Thirdly its normally released once your tracking number shows the item as delivered + 3 days." was updated and should be

MAS + EDD + 7 days

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LaizaVenice

I stand corrected, can you scan the link i posted and let me know if it is still appropriate for ebay?? They do seem to have updated it but i don't want to continue posting it if it is incorrect.

Also whats MAS? (something obvious i guess but can't work it out)   Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

Mark as Shipped, I should have stated it, Old Habits sorry

Login to Me Too

stacie87x
Contributor
Contributor
Its been sent tracked and signed which have both shown as delivered i kinda understand why they do this but i feel wary sending items while the monies are in pending for upto 3weeks!! Its like the buyer gets to play around with our item and if they choose its not for them or dont want it break it etc then could open a case just to **bleep** us over! Maybe im just piffed off or paranoid but its still my money stuck and its in the buyers hands whether i get it back or return item! Ive done it all to make my funds to me quicker but no luck! How many times does this happen before you get the funds and not pending? Thanks for replies though 🙂 x
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stacie87x

How many times and all the info you need is in the link i posted above.

But the fact your funds are pending does not make you at any more risk than if they were not.

The hold is for paypals protection not yours. If the buyer files a dispute and wins then if you had no funds in your paypal balance then paypal would refund the buyer and then they would come after you to pay them back again.

So its to save paypal the hassle of getting you to pay them back as a new seller may up and run !!

BUT

even if the funds were in your bank account, if the buyer won a dispute you would have to transfer it back to paypal to pay them back again.

So the fact they are pending does not really make any difference to your seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

stacie87x
Contributor
Contributor
Oh how lovely of them lol ill have a look through the link in a mo thanks 🙂 its just annoying i guess its our money and we cant access it even though they have our item ya know? Hopefully i prove my worth i guess and not have many items that sell go to pending fingers crossed thanks again appreciate it 😊
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.