Wondering?

Melisande
Contributor
Contributor

I have been with e-Bay 19 years and in all that time have never had cause to complain regarding any purchase I have made.

Today I received a size 10 dress which does not fit at all. It has an attached slip and I suspect this has shrunk in the wash. The result? I cannot even get into the dress.

The seller usually has a returns policy but states in the description No returns! That means I have little chance of returning the garment even at my

expense. (Which I don't mind!). She stated "approximate" sizings and so this could be a cop-out for her. No slip, however, was mentioned, possibly a point in my favour!!

Has anyone here had a similar experience, please? I have contacted the seller but don't hold out much hope. Should I just put it down to a bad experience?  I guess that is what you will all say but I'd welcome your comments.

My thanks.

Melisande

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Melisande

Gosh no, I would not give up so easily if the seller was uncooperative  Smiley Wink

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers. So paypal (if you open a paypal dispute and not an Ebay dispute), ''tend'' to find in favour of the buyer BUT you would have to return the item at your own expense UNLESS you have activated this  >>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

But if you open a dispute and the seller says to return it make sure you send it TRACKABLE to prove delivery back to the seller, then if he does not refund escalate the dispute to a claim and provide paypal with that tracking number OR you can just put in all the info and escalate to a claim immediately and wait for paypal to make a decision and tell you to return the item.

Depends how confident you feel about paypal finding in your favour but its worth a shot.

If all that fails you have the option of a chargeback via your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way

OR

finally you can relist it and sell it on on Ebay yourself.........I won't be buying though as i am not a size 10  Smiley Mad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Melisande

Gosh no, I would not give up so easily if the seller was uncooperative  Smiley Wink

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers. So paypal (if you open a paypal dispute and not an Ebay dispute), ''tend'' to find in favour of the buyer BUT you would have to return the item at your own expense UNLESS you have activated this  >>

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

But if you open a dispute and the seller says to return it make sure you send it TRACKABLE to prove delivery back to the seller, then if he does not refund escalate the dispute to a claim and provide paypal with that tracking number OR you can just put in all the info and escalate to a claim immediately and wait for paypal to make a decision and tell you to return the item.

Depends how confident you feel about paypal finding in your favour but its worth a shot.

If all that fails you have the option of a chargeback via your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way

OR

finally you can relist it and sell it on on Ebay yourself.........I won't be buying though as i am not a size 10  Smiley Mad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Melisande
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you again. The seller has agreed to accept return of dress with full refund though I shall let her off the postal charge! (I am relieved )

(I don't see my previous reply to your post).
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Melisande

Don't forget to send ''trackable''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Melisande
Contributor
Contributor

Signed for. Is that trackable?

Can't see my first reply. Your comment made me laugh!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Melisande

Smiley Wink

Yes to signed for, then if he does not refund you as promised the option for a dispute is still available as you can prove he got his item back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Melisande
Contributor
Contributor

Package (signed for),  gone off today and seller seems friendly enough. Thank you again for all your help;appreciated.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.