Withholding Payment

I was wondering, are any other paypal user annoyed and upset by the illogical and arbitrary way paypal has decided to hold funds of sellers with excellent records? I am closing my paypal and ebay account as soon as my funds and current transactions are completed. I am writing to ebay who I believe also own paypal to explain why I shall no longer be using their services and also the charities I used to donate to using paypal. I understand, and the repugnant attitude of their customer care service highlights this, that neither paypal nor ebay actually care about loosing 'casual' sellers like me but believe me there will come a time when they will start to hemorrhage customers. I have seen complaints from other less than casual sellers which utterly refute paypal's hopeless customer service that this is anything other than a money making scam gaining interest on others money while it is held in their corporate account.

I'm not the only customer to be angry and offended by paypals behaviour and wonder if it bothers others that we are charged to ne treated as crooks?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi Purity_Vendetta,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry that you feel that we do not care about our customers. Please understand that this is not our intentions. We may hold funds for a number of reasons such a payment holds for new sellers. However once a seller is establish we can then remove these from the account.

If you have had a particular experience with our customer service we would be happy to take your feedback on this.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.