Why do people choose not to leave feedback even when they have received item? (Held payments)

mufc4evauk
New Community Member

Hi.

I sold a couple of things two weeks back and both were posted within two days.

Now, I need the feedback so payments are released so that I can pay for something on ebay. I have chased up both buyers, after a few messages I got one back off one of them saying he had received the item, and he was happy with it but stated he has no desire to leave feedback yet.

Now, this is really annoying.

Is there anything I can do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

eugh
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sick of it too.

It should be mandatory for them to do so considering our money is being held for items we have physically sent and have been received.  At the very least there should be a 'request feedback' button!

This is getting beyond pathetic-how long are sellers going to put up with this rubbish? I'm going to a car-boot sale on sunday, which is always very busy... perhaps some of you should consider doing the same... cash where it should rightfully be-with you!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys,

I realise that not every buyer leaves feedback on items purchased as soon as they receive items from their seller. I am unaware if there will be anything introduced in the future to request buyers to leave feedback on items that they have purchased as they would already see that they need to leave feedback when they log on to their eBay account.

If you would like to have your payments released to your PayPal accounts sooner, you could consider posting items with a valid tracking number. By doing this, we can then release the payment to your PayPal balance three days after the tracking information confirms the item was delivered to your buyer.

I realise that this may cost a bit more but it is an alternative method to get your money sooner.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.