Why I can't refund buyer with money they sent me, cos PayPal can keep it on hold for up to 21 days?

Gabriele
Contributor
Contributor

I want to refund a buyer, we agreed on everything and there's no problems, apart from the fact that as PayPal wants to keep the money I got from the buyer until they make sure I sent the item and everything went smoothly I can't use it! So I don't want the money, I want to refund the payment there's no reason on holding the money as all I want to do is give it back to the person that sent it to me. 

It's so frustrating all I want to do is give someone their money back. I seem like a time-waster now as I can't refund their money cos I can't access the money I got...

What are my options?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_david

Hi there Gabriele,

A seller can refund a payment through their PayPal account if they wish.

A full or partial refund can be issued up to 60 days after you receive a payment. It’s free and we’ll we refund the original payment fees.

Here’s how to refund a payment:

1. Go to http://www.paypal.co.uk/and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘History’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Details’ next to the payment you want to refund.
  4. Click ‘Issue a refund.’
  5. For ‘Refund amount,’ enter the amount to you want to refund, then click ‘Continue.’
  6. Review the information, then click ‘Issue Refund.’

Note:

• You can refund a payment when its status is ‘Completed,’ ‘Pending,’ ‘Cleared,’ or ‘Uncleared.’
  • we'll always attempt the refund using money from your PayPal account balance. If you don’t have enough money in your PayPal balance to cover the payment, we'll try to use a confirmed bank account.
  • It’s not possible to issue a refund using your card.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

melaniejavier
New Community Member
I already follow the instruction but still I can't figure out why I can't refund my previous transaction. Due to error of my internet connection I just notice that I already transact it twice. How can I cancel the second transaction so that I can refund the whole amount of that said transaction. There's no issued refund in the summary of my transaction
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@melaniejavier

Click on the details of the transaction and it should be on that page near the bottom.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Damiano75

Have the same issue!!!

I've tried to refund for the same reason as Gabriele did. Followed the instruction and even if paypal said that pending payment can be refunded, it just simply can't be done! 

Now I don't have any idea, how to solve the problem. Also I'm a 100% positive ebay seller (273 feedback) but ebay or paypal put my payemet on hold.

Can someone help me? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.