Wait 21 days to send your item to buyers?

eugh
Contributor
Contributor

If you put in the description of the item you are selling that you won't send the item until their payment is cleared can you do so? I can't afford to keep paying for recorded delivery from my own pocket.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

eugh
Contributor
Contributor

Why oh why, Paypal/eBay can't you start to suggest to buyers on their 'My eBay' to leave feedback?! It takes up 10 seconds of their time and is the one way we can get the money which is owed to us the very moment the electronic signature is up!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there eugh,

Firstly, I am not sure if you would be permitted to advise on your eBay listings that the item would not be posted until the 21 days has passed. You would need to check this with eBay in order to determine if it would be in breach of their policies. 

Also, any time a buyer has purchased an item and has paid for the product, they are always advised when logging in to their eBay account that they have to leave feedback for one item. We are unable to penalise customers for not leaving feedback for items that they have purchased. This is also why we have provided the alternative method in order to have your payment released to your PayPal account sooner.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

2mucht2say
New Community Member

That's still our money though. That was our item that we sold, we give you a fee for every item we sell. Which im fine with but for you too hold my money when im your customer using your site seems a little over the line. We're the reason your making money and im guessing that your losing alot of people using your site because of this so why make more unnecessary work and worry for us? All were doing is making you money so dont touch ours.

p.s. If you did penalize people for not leaving feedback (because they should) then there'd be no worries about market place safety. Because that would just confirm that the seller received the payment and the buyer received the item. Avoiding this hassle. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Firstly feedback is voluntary on ebay and buyers can leave it if and when they want to. Ebay will never force buyers to leave it and penalise them if they don't, whey would they want to discourage people from buying from their site?

There are always folks wanting to sell on ebay as not a lot of other outlets for non business sellers but buyers can go anywhere they want internet or the high street.

Therefore it makes sense for both  buyers and sellers to have good buyer protection. As part of buyer protection paypal puts holds on new sellers until they have a proven selling record, as paypal have to pay buyers back if sellers default that is only good sense so they don't keep losing money refunding buyers from new or poor sellers.

Once the seller has proven themselves the hold is removed.

As paypal provide good buyer protection it encourages buyers to feel safe using ebay and that has to benefit sellers as well.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LETDOWN
Contributor
Contributor

IT'S ALL FAIR AND WELL THAT THE BUYER IS NOT PENALISED, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE SELLER?

WHY ARE WE CONTINUALLY PENALISED WITH MONEY BEEN PLACED ON HOLD FOR REASONS THAT QUITE FRANKLY ARE ABSOLUTELY  ABSURD.

WE NEED THE MONEY PAID FOR OUR ITEMS, OTHERWISE WE WOULD NOT BE SELLING THEM.

THE BUYERS KNOW THAT IF FEEDBACK IS NOT LEFT, THEN THE SELLERS WOULD HAVE TO WAIT THE 21 DAYS FOR THE MONEY TO BE RELEASED. 

RELEASE OUR MONEY, WE NEED TO SURVIVE ALSO. 

PAYPAL DO THE RIGHT THING.

Woman Frustrated
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its only till you have a proven selling record.

Paypal don't want to have to refund buyers out of their own pocket for new sellers that refuse to refund buyers for lost in post etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RowBot
Contributor
Contributor

Well said 'LETDOWN' (good name!). I've resorted to selling things on Ebay to help bring in some much needed money & to have Paypal hold things hurts when you have bills to pay. As usual with Paypal my grumble isn't the process itself but why oh why can't they just warn you?! It sould stop all of this agro.

FYI Kernolass your comment 'Its only till you have a proven selling record' is incorrect. I have a proven selling record & so stopped having these holds which was great - I though the system worked. Until I got an email this morning saying my future sales will be subject to the holds again - no explanation. Yet another complaint to Paypal.

I think Paypal just simply don't like me - they hold my withdrawals for security reaons,  they hold money from my sales without explanation and when I had a dispute with someone who admitted fault they still found in his favour! WTF?!

Login to Me Too

amyhh
Contributor
Contributor

I'm totally gutted. I've got 9 items I need to post and nearly £50 'on hold' yet being a student I don't have the funds in my bank to pay for postage I was relying on the payment for my items to allow me to post them.

All its going to do is effect my great selling reputation with bad feed back from buyers. Making the situation even worse 😕

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.