Temporary Hold on Refund

fruit_fling
Contributor
Contributor

I paid for something through paypal (not on ebay) but then almost immediately cancelled as I found a problem with my order. I made and cancelled the order on 17/09, got my refund back on 20/09 but it a temporary hold has been placed on it. I understand that this has something to do with the payment actually being taken from my bank account. However, the payment has now cleared from my bank account, but my refund is still being held. Does anyone know how long it will take for my refund to be released? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
152 REPLIES 152

PayPal_barry

Hi, the process can take 5 – 7 working days. That should clear for you very soon. Let us know how you get on.

Login to Me Too

hnoeos
New Community Member

That is too many days, just like paypal is quick to take your money it should be quick to refund it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They are not quick to take it, they CREDIT the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer.

That is why we get confused buyers wondering why their item is on the way when the funds have not left their bank account yet.

But with a refund you take the wait instead of paypal as they have to often wait for your funds to play catch up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bha
Contributor
Contributor
I received a refund from an item I purchased for $377 on August 12, 2015. It is now August 25 and I am still waiting for the money to come out of the temporary hold. I called customer service for the third time today and now they are saying it is a "Global issue" and an "error in the system" related to temporary holds it will now be another 1 to 2 weeks before they can fix it. Is there anyone else dealing with this right now? Kind of annoying. I did ask if they compensated their customers with coupons or other things like that due to time spent in money not being reimbursed and they said they absolutely didn't do anything like that 😞
Login to Me Too

Robb187
Complain to their customer support I got my money back next day you just need to keep complaining and tell them what you think of them scamming to make extra money from your money!! They know it is illegal in some countries to do what they do.
Login to Me Too

saz681
New Community Member

Hi

Its been 5 working days and I still have not received my refund.  Its still on 'Temporary Hold'.  Why is this and when will it clear?

Regards

Sarah

Login to Me Too

Elvin111
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

when I read several of the replies, I must say that you are very lucky guys, because I wait already 1 month the be payed back on my bank account. I had a "temporary" (?) hold on  the refund that Witopia payed me back (55.36 Euro) and today I saw on paypal that the temporary hold was removed now, but still noting is payed back to my bank account.

I wrote today via email and since I live since not so long time in Spain, I received a confirmation in Spanish fron Paypal ES.

I understand almost nothing of Spanish, so, I hope that further communications with Paypal will be iun Englisdh. (My entire account on Paypal is in English, Why can they not send me also a confirmation in English then instead of Spanish ?

(or must I give a fake country in my account to find communication back in English.)

I hope that it will be finally solved.

A dissapointed member,

Greetings from Elvin.

Login to Me Too

Elvin111
Contributor
Contributor

My problem is solved now after a reply that I received in my email, from Paypal.

Greetings from Elvin111.

Login to Me Too

djburz
New Community Member

Hi all

I placed a recent order using an instant transfer from my bank. The online seller who was supplying me the goods (not eBay), was unable to fulfill the order as they were out of stock, so they initiated a refund through PayPal.

I have checked my bank account, and the original payment I made has left my account, but the refund from the seller has been placed on hold since the 2nd December. When am I likely to get my money back and will it automatically be put back into my bank account or do I have to withdraw the finds through PayPal?

Look forward to getting some advice!

Thanks

Paul

Login to Me Too

diane1111
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem.

Original transaction taken from my bank account 4 days ago.

Refund not credited yet (showing as on temp hold) !!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.