Sold and Item Positive Feedback Was Left and A week and a half later says its broken

ChrisGF
Contributor
Contributor

I recently sold a item on a second hand forum for £360

The guy received it and was very happy and left positive feedback on the second hand forum confirming it was as described and had arrived

Then after a week and a half after leaving feedback he says it has suddenly broken and he wants a full refund so opens up a paypal dispute

Now I know for a fact second hand goods dont come with a week and a half gaurentee and warrenty, he could of done anything to it in that week and a half time period, it is not my responsibility

He claimed it was broken from the start even though he left positive feedback?

help please

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there ChrisGF,

Welcome to the Community!

In my opinion, I would think that we should be able to find this case in your favour if your buyer had the item in their posession for a week or so before they claimed that the item was not as described. 

My best advice for you would be to try contacting customer services directly and we can investigate it further on your behalf. We can look into the case in order to see if we can have the case closed in your favour.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

pickmore
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I had the same problem you have, buyer received item, left positive feedback, and had it 10days before saying it was "not as described", he opened a case against me, I stated my case, but I shouldn't have wasted my time or effort, Paypal voted in the buyers favour and gave him his money back, so in my opinion, just give him a refund and save yourself a lot of time and energy!!!, it's not worth the hassle!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.