Sent the wrong items to buyers?

Jacob2012

Hey everyone, 

I recently sold two items on ebay, and then got the buyers information mixed up, so they both received the item that the other one paid for!

Whats the best way to resolve this? The items where not tracked, and paypal has held the account anyway as im a new buyer, 

Thanks in Advance 

Andy

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal in  your paypal overview. Make sure you fund the payment from your bank account and not a card so the buyer does not pay a fee.

The way i have suggested is the easiest way but will only work if you have your buyers cooperation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Best to call both buyers to sort this. This is what i would do if the buyers were happy but its up to you how you resolve it.

Go to advanced search on ebay > contact member left side of screen > fill in the details and ebay will email you their tel numbers.

Then i would ask each buyer to send the item to the other one. Give them the proper addresses and then use the send money option to pay them the postage money.

To make sure your buyers don't pay a fee when you send the payment go to send payment > personal tab > gift payment

then make sure that you imput their email addresses correctly and send the postage costs.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jacob2012

Thanks for the reply, is the send payement option on pay pal or ebay? 

Thanks again 

ANdy

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Paypal in  your paypal overview. Make sure you fund the payment from your bank account and not a card so the buyer does not pay a fee.

The way i have suggested is the easiest way but will only work if you have your buyers cooperation.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jacob2012

Thanks again for the reply, That seems like the best option, your help is muchly appreciated! 

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.