Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling my car buyer has not seen it, ebay sale

Highlighted
Contributor

Selling my car buyer has not seen it, ebay sale

Hi

I have advertised my car on ebay.co.uk I have a buyer who wants to buy the car a classic unseen. He has paid a deposit on pay pal and says he will send the balance before the recovery driver comes to pick it up tomorrow. I have some concerns because this car is over 30 years old and people are normally very picky.

What I dont want to do is sell the car take payment and then the buyer gets the car and starts complaining about the car and opens a paypal dispute.

Worst case is he pays paypal and then there is a funding issue and I get asked to repay the amount after my car has gone.

Any advice would be welcomed and sooner rather than later.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Selling my car buyer has not seen it, ebay sale

1. there is no seller protection on paypal for cars.

2. there is a scam regarding cars / paypal. is the deposit actually SHOWING in your paypal account balance??

3. read this and see if anything fits.

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.