Same day Sale of iPhone 6+ , then Paypal withdrew the money after the transaction was completed

TC5
New Community Member

Has this happened to anyone else?  I am not sure if i have any rights as the seller here.

This will sound like a scam and it was but i feel very angry that i do not appear to have any rights as the seller.

I agreed to hand over the iphone 6+ to a guy who was collecting it on behalf of someone else. This was after payment was made.  I assumed that it was alright to hand over goods at the door, I have done this before when items are bulky.  

Within half an hour of the collection the supposed buyer said their account was hacked and Paypal allowed the refund without reference to me whether i was happy or not.  Should Paypal be able to return payment to a buyer after the transaction has taken place?

Have i got a leg to stand on with ebay or Paypal?  In my view ebay are at fault as the buyer should have been more careful with their account details.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TC5

The only evidence paypal accept in the event of an item not received dispute is a tracking number from the seller to prove delivery. IF it was a chargeback OR unauthorised transaction then paypal would reimburse you if you met ALL the requirements of seller protection.

BUT there is NO paypal seller protection for items that are collected as you cannot provide a tracking number to prove you sent it to the registered paypal account of the owner of that account.

That is why Ebay allow you to accept CASH ON COLLECTION only for items that are collected.

Then you would have had cash in hand and no risk of having to pay it back + not have to pay any paypal fees.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.